Gulf Islands 2014 Reports

fished sansum narrows from 10 till 3 today. No salmon, not even a bite, and released one just barely undersized ling. Tides are pretty enormous right now and the currents in there are fast.

Tried Salamanca for the first time today.. One low teen, a long line release on a similar sized fish and an undersize.
Medium sized TKO should have been fished all day, switched to it late in the day and started getting action. Herring in the salmon were about 5-6".

Tried Salamanca for the first time today.. One low teen, a long line release on a similar sized fish and an undersize.
Medium sized TKO should have been fished all day, switched to it late in the day and started getting action. Herring in the salmon were about 5-6".

picked up a nice 21 lber at salamanca today team reel action in to win for the mobys pub fishing derby. calcutta was up to $1400 to bet on a boat. just had an excellent dinner all inc with the entry fee.over 15 boats signed up great first year start.

Good to hear there are a few fish around pender and galiano. We did well at thrasher today. 4 keepers in 6 hrs of fishing. Will be at Salamanca tomorrow weather permitting. Bait and hoochies will be the play. Hope to see a few slabs on board tomorrow. Sounds like there was a good showing of boats out there today which is good to see.

Salamanca is dead for us this morn. A few other boats out here but I haven't seen a net out all morn.

salmon june 14 2014.jpg A big Thank you to mobys Pub on SaltSpring Isalnd. Here is our winning fish 21 lb marble spring. Also Thank you to Harbour chandler for your donation and Mouats trading company. There was a total of 16 boats in the derby. My team caught our fish at salamanca pt.

Anyone have a recent Pender Bluffs report? I'll be fishing Salamance/Porlier/Thrasher again this weekend. Location will depend on weather and where the fish are. May head to Pender Bluffs as well but it's been a while since I've fished there.

Dayto, I think it's the end of July when that area closes, however, you should really be checking the regs when you're unsure of openings and closures. I fished burial last saturday and it was dead... That of course means nothing and it could be on fire this weekend. Best of luck!

My buddy was out yesterday at salamanca he got 1 10lber out deep 450 ft on bait 160 ft down.I am going to try this aft tide change as the bite seem to come on later in the day. when cleaning he said there was no feed in it.

There are some huge fish at Salamanca ! Only fished for
1 hour in evening last week as I was taking boat out as am going away for
3 weeks! 90ft on the rigger in 550 water!
Cop car spoon, no other bites but almost git spooled
By this beauty ! Wife could not lift it into boat .
34 lbs official weight use 2 different scales on the boat!
image.jpg

Great fish! Sounds like a good fight!
T2

Thought I had porpoise as there was huge pod around! It was pulling so hard
And it kept going glad the new islander reel came
Through! Lost 2 other hogs this spring at Salamanca and poirer but cannot complain
It's been a great spring on this side! Was out in ucluelet about 8 days ago and no springs
Just tons of Hali, we always get big springs in middle of June in years past! Maybe it's true there all coming
This side in 2014?

Finally got out fishing so can post a report. Fished pender bluffs without even marking a fish let alone a bite. incredible amount of bait between Beddis rock and the marina but not a fish showing. Moderate weeds. Not much of a first post but hoping it will get better. Off to Porlier for a try tomorrow.

Back