Great White Shark Caught

Knowing they did not target the shark, it still is a great loss to the eco-system. Imagine how many sea lions it could have eaten or how many humbolt squid it could have eaten.

yep, just like the large halibut or the really big chinook that folks grip and grin. depleting the resource, particularly in this day and age, is plain stupid.

It was already dead when they got the net to the surface. The fishermen didn't kill it themselves. Can you imagine what it would have done to their 22 foot boat if it was alive when they got it to the boat.
You would have seen some REAL MEXICAN JUMPING BEANS!

I was swimming in the Sea of Cortez at spring break....I guess I didn't smell good enough. I couldn't imagine being in the water and seeing that coming in for a look.

That thing would have shredded any net those guys would have had to bits and then done the same to the boat. It drifted into there net dead. There needs to be more of them up here to eat seals and sealions.....bullets are getting pricey.

It is quite possible for it to have been alive and got entangled and drowned. Sharks have a habit of rolling on the gear...probably the worst thing you could do if you want to escape a net. The net becomes stronger and tighter with each layer wrapped on top of itself.

Just like up here...bellies make good bait! :)

Back