Government Seeks Feedback

Nope - you you said we "lost you" when you read the CCFR's position on carry, while inferring "your policy for handguns goes there".
I suppose you dind't mean that the way it reads to me, but...

Do I support open carry in the bush.
Yep. Did it for years. In fact, mine was either open or concealed.
Wish I still had it, but they did away with us bio types years ago.
Apparently we can't be trusted that way... :rolleyes:

Do I agree with Civano's quote.
Largely, yes.
For I do think that removal of all privately held firearms is one of the lefty's agenda's.
And I also understand the consequences thereof should that actually happen.

Do I agree with every single thing any organization has to say?
Rather unlikely.
Does that mean I cannot support their overlying mandate and most positions related to that?
Of course not.

Cheers,
Nog

What would you tell me if I showed up for fishing on your boat with a 6wt and dry flies and insisted that it was a perfectly reasonable request to use that and not DR rod and trolling gear. Save your handgun to hunt grouse argument for someone else as I don't buy it.

LOL! Spoken like one who obviously has never been there!
FYI: I hunted ptarmigan, grouse, rabbits, hares and took down a few other critters when I was permitted to, with my handgun.
Including a rather large wolverine that had decided I was lunch.
Please don't try to lecture on a subject you know nothing about.
Thanks!

Nog

Unfortunately the gun enthusiast who is a law abiding citizen who’s never going to use his/her weapon for nefarious reasons often gets bent out of shape when there’s talk of gun controls being discussed. Statistics indicate that 10% of the country own 95% of all guns and by in large are just good folks. Those 10% are typically hunters,sportsman,collectors etc, not drug dealers not bank robbers etc. If these enthusiasts have to jump through a couple extra hoops that keep us all safe, don’t go off the rails about it. Before we decide to take away everyone’s guns, can we try to put violent gun offenders and violent criminals in prison where they belong, for longer than a few months, sad, and restrict them from ever owning weapons again! That being said, I’m also of the opinion that banana clips, bump stocks, and automatic weapons have no place in society, even if you’re a gun enthusiast. Your life isn’t affected particularly adversely if tomorrow you can’t go kill a cardboard target with a barrage of 60 rounds a minute . In other words folks, a little common sense isn’t a bad thing in any case. I’ve lived in America for the better part of a decade, know the people and the culture. Their love of guns, gangsters, cowboys and soldiers has built an empire in America. An empire of guns, money, yep murders, movies. It also spawned the NRA. Leave them in America, Canada is a sane normal down to earth place to live. Blind promotion of firearms is wrong. Gun ownership is a huge responsibility and not everyone is up to that responsibility. Many in the NRA don’t see it that way. As an example this past year a provision was dropped by the American Government that would limit the purchase of a firearm by people that had been diagnosed with mental illness. So there are some common sense solutions to stop or at least limit gun violence. But as I said, illegal guns on our streets and soft prison sentences are far far more dangerous than a hunter and his son in northern Ontario.

Nope - you you said we "lost you" when you read the CCFR's position on carry, while inferring "your policy for handguns goes there".
I suppose you dind't mean that the way it reads to me, but...

Do I support open carry in the bush.
Yep. Did it for years. In fact, mine was either open or concealed.
Wish I still had it, but they did away with us bio types years ago.
Apparently we can't be trusted that way... :rolleyes:

Do I agree with Civano's quote.
Largely, yes.

For I do think that removal of all privately held firearms is one of the lefty's agenda's.
And I also understand the consequences thereof should that actually happen.

Do I agree with every single thing any organization has to say?
Rather unlikely.
Does that mean I cannot support their overlying mandate and most positions related to that?
Of course not.

Cheers,
Nog
"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

This quote has nothing to do with carrying handguns in the bush for protection or hunting for birds (your right I did not know this type of bird hunting was a thing now). It also has nothing to do about having a gun at home for protection.

This quote can be searched on the internet as is one of the basic arguments for carrying handguns in public. It's the meme "the only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun" our friends to the south use in their arguments. That logic is also one that is used by the CCFR when they say "The CCFR believes that concealed carrying of firearms by properly trained, screened, and licenced individuals is a significant benefit to society." and "Those who choose to carry firearms can be trusted to exercise proper discretion as to when to carry openly or concealed (e.g. open carry is suitable in the bush, as a defence against bears and other predators, while concealed carry is suitable to a populated area).

Look I get that this is a tough conversation but this is Canada and there is no right to bear arms. To think that there is an organization and people that think walking around with handguns is a good idea... well call me concerned.

To think that a government overtly & intentionally imposes ever increasing restrictions on some of THE most compliant and law abiding citizens in the country, while blatantly ignoring gang & gun violence (and reducing relevant sentencing) in a pitiful attempt at saying they are "doing something" to address the latter... well... call me concerned...

Nog

Hmmm
Same stance they take on the orca/Chinook fiasco,
They know they have fracked up and also know the general public is ill informed and can be satisfied by creating a villain, fisherman, and in the gun issue side, law abiding gun owners.
They have no respect for our lifestyle and values.
Very hypocritical in a supposed democracy.

‘The Proposal Is a Ban on Private Ownership,’ Government MP Says

https://thegunblog.ca/2019/02/24/the-proposal-is-a-ban-on-private-ownership-government-mp-says/

Starting to get it yet??

Wondering...
Nog

Total disconnect, or redirect, Justin needs to hang out with some hunting families and learn about OUR culture and heritage.
We have been at it as long as everyone else, in fact it’s likely pretty even as to who killed the first animal or fish for cultural purposes.

What will make you safer is targeting the smugglers who supply gangs with illegal guns from the U.S. and hunting down those who use them in crimes.

Blair made a good announcement on Tuesday in giving money to Ontario to fight gangs and guns. Let’s hope he doesn’t ruin it by attacking duck hunters and sports shooters because they are easier targets than gangsters.

https://www.kenoradailyminerandnews...ense/wcm/25b7cee0-0c77-4e9e-87fc-a08162e8a38e

Hopefully , considering the situation Turdeau finds himself in right now, he may not want to alienate all the gun owners in Canada....

Hopefully , considering the situation Turdeau finds himself in right now, he may not want to alienate all the gun owners in Canada....

If he had ANY sense whatsoever, he would not be in the ever-tightening position he is putting himself, and his government in.
The fool wears blinders to anything that is not on his side. Period.
He is simply too arrogant to consider any position might perhaps be better than his own. In every single thing he deals with.
As a consequence, he (and Blair et al) will continue to blindly push for these completely useless restrictions. Mark my words on that.

Best outcome is that the next government that comes along (quite hopefully in October) over-turns the damage they are more than willing to inflict in their desperate attempt to garner a few more lefty votes...

Nog

Progressive logic.

Attachments

• FC7DAF93-2E52-481A-A1FB-6F47E343DABC.jpeg
    FC7DAF93-2E52-481A-A1FB-6F47E343DABC.jpeg
    78.5 KB · Views: 16
I didn't want comment but I think it's like everything else this year. This government has decided what it is going to do a year ago, and listen to feedback than do what they originally wanted to do.

I don't mind gun laws, but we shouldn't be punishing the hunters etc. But if you watch the sequence are we starting to lose things?

First fishing.

Then MPA

Then bears.

Then cougars

Then limited gun use.

Etc Etc.

Why does this feel like the NGO's are silently telling government well if you did this we could get this.

The Globe and Mail editorial board has thought long and awful hard about it, and it has decided Canada should ban handguns. Gun control is a topical issue of late, with the Danforth shooting in Toronto last summer, the recent massacre in New Zealand, and a fairly consistent churn of atrocities in the United States. It’s a shame the Globe editorialists didn’t think a bit longer and harder, though. If they had, they might have caught the variety of factual errors in their piece, and maybe — just maybe — noticed the massive failure in logic at the heart of their proposal.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/matt-gurney-the-globe-and-mails-little-and-big-gun-control-screwups

Back