gold river??

The guys at Tyee in C.R. said that a few winters rode the last big rains in on the weekend, but the guys are still mostly catching summers even in the lower canyon. Probably worth a look though...
Good Luck!
BL

The guys at Tyee in C.R. said that a few winters rode the last big rains in on the weekend, but the guys are still mostly catching summers even in the lower canyon. Probably worth a look though...
Good Luck!
BL

Bags just called he said he took his sled into the lake pool and pounded on em good!!!Gooey bobs were all he needed!!!Good mix of wints ans sums and a couple real biggies!Theeeeeere Heeere!!!

Bags just called he said he took his sled into the lake pool and pounded on em good!!!Gooey bobs were all he needed!!!Good mix of wints ans sums and a couple real biggies!Theeeeeere Heeere!!!

Friends have been over lately half dozen fish per trip. Mix of summers and winters. heading over on thursday let you know how i make out.

Friends have been over lately half dozen fish per trip. Mix of summers and winters. heading over on thursday let you know how i make out.

Looking for some help! I would like to know what is the best bet for a fly fisher in Feb for steelhead, is it the Stamp gold or vedder? I have been fly fishing all my life and recently moved to Edmonton will have time in feb to check out the west coast. I am also acutly aware of how hard it can be to catch fish on a fly having fished for Atlantics all my life! I will fish a flies even If I don't catch any thing but would like to know from those who have gone before where my best chances are!

Thank you!

I would probably have to say the Vedder out of the three that you mentioned for winters on the fly. The Gold is a steep gradient river with lots of canyon water, and although there are some good spots, not the best fly fishing water. The Stamp can be awesome to fly fish when the water is lower, but as most will attest it is a massive flow in the winter. The Vedder is a good size and has lots of great fly water and open gravel bars.
Good luck,
BL

Back