Gold Pan

The gold golds rolled over and farted this out of around 12 pans or so today :

IMG_20120226_183458.jpg

Just was kinda loafing around out there in the hills.

Anybody watching the gold mining show on Discovery channel?
Had a bad cold/flu awhile ago and watched a lot of tv.
Got hooked on the gold show (as well as storage wars, and that's just plain embarassing to admit, but trying to be honest here).
Over narrated with a dramatic crisis at every commercial break, but funny.

That is correct,Peetz. In stream sluice boxes are illegal in B.C. You can use out of stream sluices,or highbankers,as they are called,but
you must first have a claim, and opperate no closer than 10m. from the rivers edge. Recreational panning is open anywhere on Van. Isl.
exept parkland,native reserves,or previously claimed areas. There is gold in almost every river,or stream on this rock,although usually
fine.
So i guess a portable Keen dredge floating on inertubes is out of the ? ie:http://www.keeneeng.com/
Come to think of it what are the gold mining rules around the ocean..say off the beach or close by in the ocean?? Something like Alaska/Bering Sea Gold Minning show on Discovery http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/bering-sea-gold/
BTW if any of you come up with a sizeable amount of gold I can help you turn it into some good profit.

There has been a lot of panning at the Potholes lately....(within the last couple weeks) There is one guy that has been going since the fall in a F-150.. He leaves a little mess.

There is a bigger mess being left lately... There will be some harsh words from me if I see you... Other than that it will be shut down if you are not careful.

There has been a lot of panning at the Potholes lately....(within the last couple weeks) There is one guy that has been going since the fall in a F-150.. He leaves a little mess.

There is a bigger mess being left lately... There will be some harsh words from me if I see you... Other than that it will be shut down if you are not careful.

There have even been a few dumpties running all the way up and panning on my claim... Too bad, I actually thought the better gold was down stream, but I can't use my big toys down there.

Back