Going deep for dungies

Love it!

So here I am in pender harbor. The orange spots are where I pegged to try deep crabbing. Any input? This screen shot is just outside the harbor. Best lead gets a box of beer, delivered or shipped. :) Inside the the harbor is limited to ring nets which is the kids n dinghy duty.
Screenshot_20200816-171440_Boating HD.jpg

So here I am in pender harbor. The orange spots are where I pegged to try deep crabbing. Any input? This screen shot is just outside the harbor. Best lead gets a box of beer, delivered or shipped. :) Inside the the harbor is limited to ring nets which is the kids n dinghy duty.
View attachment 55876

i can look, where is Pender harbor located near? then i know where start

This is the kind of muddy bowl i would look at. When i get home i will do a bit more looking, but this looks like where you want to be for tanners. What type of trap you using?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    603.2 KB · Views: 108
This is the kind of muddy bowl i would look at. When i get home i will do a bit more looking, but this looks like where you want to be for tanners. What type of trap you using?
Not set up for tanners, but if dungies don't produce at all, a modification in my dungee trap will be happening this week. Thanks for your help!

Look for the muddy bowls. Use fresh bait and work your way up the shallow incline. You will find them

I’m heading there in a month. Subscribing to this thread so that you do all the hard work and I reap all the benefits

In future we'll all be going deeper & deeper for Crab the ugly nasty little ***** known as Sea Otters will see to that ask anyone where they're moving in like Quatsino Sound.
We don't see near as many sea otters like we did 10-15 years ago in Quatsino sound. Nothing to see 30+ everyday from Quatsino to light house every day black then. Now we only see a few on the way out each day.

Back