Airmar / lowrance transducers

macro

Have a tm150 and 3 in 1 on a hds carbon. Finding I got better down imaging with the 70/200-455/800 than with the 3 in 1.

Having trouble with keeping bottom in more than 300 feet with the tm150.

Does anyone have experience with the tm 165 and the 150 who can comment on if its worth the upgrade?

Or if a downgrade to a p66 would work out better for deep water.

Cheers

Have a tm150 and 3 in 1 on a hds carbon. Finding I got better down imaging with the 70/200-455/800 than with the 3 in 1.

Having trouble with keeping bottom in more than 300 feet with the tm150.

Does anyone have experience with the tm 165 and the 150 who can comment on if its worth the upgrade?

Or if a downgrade to a p66 would work out better for deep water.

Cheers
I run both the lowrance 3 in 1 and a p66. I would definitely say that the p66 is not a downgrade....I use it for fishing and marking bait. A lot of factors for being able to run and keep bottom....mostly install position and how level your boat is.

I run both the lowrance 3 in 1 and a p66. I would definitely say that the p66 is not a downgrade....I use it for fishing and marking bait. A lot of factors for being able to run and keep bottom....mostly install position and how level your boat is.
Having issues at trolling speeds. Keeping bottom on plane is 100 percent related to proper installation. At low speeds less so.

It's my understanding, the TM150 is a 300 W transducer. I have two transom mounted transducers on my boat, a TM165HW (used with a Garmin unit) and a P66, that is mostly used as a back-up with an older Raymarine MFD. Both transducers are 600 W and both lose the bottom while running in depths over 4-500'. If you want to see the bottom (while running) at all depths, you will need a 1 kW transducer. I don't really care what the bottom looks like while I'm running, I'm much more concerned about the detail I see while trolling or drifting, when the bottom is less than 300' deep. I can't comment on your machine's ability to run a 600 W transducer and a 3 in 1 transducer at the same time, although I imagine it could; you will have to check with Lowrance. I do know that the TM165HW would be a significant upgrade to your TM150. Good luck!

It's my understanding, the TM150 is a 300 W transducer. I have two transom mounted transducers on my boat, a TM165HW (used with a Garmin unit) and a P66, that is mostly used as a back-up with an older Raymarine MFD. Both transducers are 600 W and both lose the bottom while running in depths over 4-500'. If you want to see the bottom (while running) at all depths, you will need a 1 kW transducer. I don't really care what the bottom looks like while I'm running, I'm much more concerned about the detail I see while trolling or drifting, when the bottom is less than 300' deep. I can't comment on your machine's ability to run a 600 W transducer and a 3 in 1 transducer at the same time, although I imagine it could; you will have to check with Lowrance. I do know that the TM165HW would be a significant upgrade to your TM150. Good luck!
At trolling speeds which of yours track bottom better?

They are very similar in that regard. Installation, as mentioned earlier in other posts, is obviously important, as is power.

don't bother with the tm150 best duo would be the old trusted P66 and a TM165 leave the p66 on 50 htz and also make sure your setting your depth dont just use auto as sometimes that won't always default if you run out and it can't find bottom ......

don't bother with the tm150 best duo would be the old trusted P66 and a TM165 leave the p66 on 50 htz and also make sure your setting your depth dont just use auto as sometimes that won't always default if you run out and it can't find bottom ......
Thanks for chiming in.. If memory servers your fishing rig has more electronics on it than a submarine hunter. Cheers.

I am going to be installing trim tabs on my boat soon, which will require me to move the transom mounted transducer. I am thinking about going shoot through instead, but I have zero experience with them. In research mode. Does anyone have recommendations on a good shoot through to pair with the existing Lowrance Elite 7 Ti? My plan would be to epoxy it down in the bilge - do I need to worry about maintaining any specific distance from the bilge pump?

I am going to be installing trim tabs on my boat soon, which will require me to move the transom mounted transducer. I am thinking about going shoot through instead, but I have zero experience with them. In research mode. Does anyone have recommendations on a good shoot through to pair with the existing Lowrance Elite 7 Ti? My plan would be to epoxy it down in the bilge - do I need to worry about maintaining any specific distance from the bilge pump?
Keep the power wires away from the transducer. And expect noise from the pump when it's running to show up on the screen.

Go through hull if you can.

think P-79 is same as a P-66 or if your unit will drive chirp then there is a M-165 or a high wide version but don't remember the code for it off hand ...

Back