German Facebook link?

bigdogg1

Need IT help :) . For the last year or so, every Facebook link posted this site appears as if it came from Germany! I finally had the guts months ago to click one and they open as expected.

I just posted our boat, linking the Facebook link, only to be informed they look German as well. WTF?

Here is a screenshot of what I receive and also apparently what happens when I attach a link. MacBook Air computer. Any thoughts?

Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 8.26.05 AM.png

I thought it was just my phone doing that, thanks for this, saves me interrogating my kids as to what the hell they did to my phone to make craigslist german.

It started after the most recent website update here, perhaps coincidentally. I asked admin about it but don’t remember a response.

Need IT help :) . For the last year or so, every Facebook link posted this site appears as if it came from Germany! I finally had the guts months ago to click one and they open as expected.

I just posted our boat, linking the Facebook link, only to be informed they look German as well. WTF?

Here is a screenshot of what I receive and also apparently what happens when I attach a link. MacBook Air computer. Any thoughts?

View attachment 85953
I get it too

Go to the "Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas" thread and notice the recent FB linked posts for boats, they have the German language.

Trying it from a link from my phone, not pc this time, to see if the Facebook Marketplace German text shows or not. My location is set to Vancouver.

And another:

Last edited:
Hi Guys .. Testing the German Fb linking issue.

So this message is saying, "login or register to view" even though I have Facebook open in another tab. I've reset the server time zone settings to be Vancouver PST but it's still translating based on a different time zone. Stay tuned ....

chrisp

Update: I've been in contact with the developers of our forum software and they are working on this. Apparently, the issue is being caused by CloudFlare's proxy server used by our hosting account. Facebook sees this proxy server as being in Germany, thus the translation. I'll update you here when I know more.
chrisp

Update: I've been in contact with the developers of our forum software and they are working on this. Apparently, the issue is being caused by CloudFlare's proxy server used by our hosting account. Facebook sees this proxy server as being in Germany, thus the translation. I'll update you here when I know more.
chrisp
So I will hold off on my Master Class German courses for now. Thanks!

Update #2: The forum developers have a bug report in their queue. There's no ETA on when this will be resolved. Bugs are usually resolved in future software releases so we'll just have to live with this for the time being.
chrisp

Back