CPAWS..

Bryan Allen

C&P from an email:
Invitation: Conversation on the Coast with federal Minister and MPs

Dear Supporter,​
Since I joined CPAWS-BC as Executive Director, I’ve heard from folks across the province who are concerned about the future of lands and waters, clean air and wildlife. Our federal leaders have set ambitious goals for land and ocean conservation, pledging to protect 25% by 2025 and 30% by 2030. But how realistic is their plan to meet those targets?
I’ll be posing that question, and other questions about wilderness and wildlife protection, to MPs live on Tuesday, June 29. I hope you can join me for this important Conversation on the Coast.

ID: Click here to register
We’re very happy to welcome three federal MPs to this event:
  • Jonathan Wilkinson, Minister for the Environment and Climate Change and MP for North Vancouver
  • Terry Beech, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Fisheries, Oceans and the Canadian Coast Guard, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Economic Development and Official Languages, and MP for Burnaby-North Seymour
  • Patrick Weiler, MP for West Vancouver-Sunshine Coast-Sea to Sky Country
How to Register for Conversation on the Coast

When
: Tuesday, June 29 @ 6PM
Where: Live on Zoom, with streaming available via Facebook
Who: You, of course! This is a no-cost, non-partisan event
How: Click here to register today. We’ll send you a reminder and link to join the Zoom
I’m excited to host this conversation alongside Ross Jameson, the Ocean Conservation Manager here at CPAWS-BC. We’ll be asking our MPs how they plan to protect BC’s incredible biodiversity, what they’re doing to safeguard endangered species like salmon and caribou, and how protected areas like parks will fit into Canada’s economic recovery.
When you register, you’ll also have the chance to submit your own questions for Minister Wilkinson, MP Beech, and MP Weiler. I am always glad to hear your concerns for nature, so don’t be shy in submitting a question. I hope to see you there on June 29!

Yours in conservation,
Annita Mcphee
Executive Director, CPAWS-BC

ID: Annita smiles with eyeglasses, beaded earring and denim jacket near green forest
CPAWS-BC_logo_colour.jpg

Let's all join in on the event and ask about what they are doing to support sustainable salmon harvesting for all BC residents.
What steps will they take to allow for MSF coast wide?
What improvements are they planning to hatcheries to allow for whale food and human harvest?
Will they be allowing more net pen projects like SVIAC's Sooke net pen to feed whales and provide salmon for harvest and the SRKW?
Will they stop netting rivers to protect whole waves of fish returning to spawn?
These are some questions that pop into my mind, I am sure that there are lots more that people smarter than me can ask.

Back