Garmin Steadycast Heading Sensor

Just bought one and haven't installed it yet.I had to buy the NMEA 2000 starter kit too because my boat didn't come with one.I've used one before on other boats,worked fine,what are you worried about?

Just bought one and haven't installed it yet.I had to buy the NMEA 2000 starter kit too because my boat didn't come with one.I've used one before on other boats,worked fine,what are you worried about?
Just looking for opinions on how well they work or don't. Or if there's a better option out there etc.. Read a few reviews online that were mixed. Similar to you I don't currently have a NMEA 2000 setup on my boat and need to purchase that as well. I'm really hoping this will help get back on top of humps and pinnicles quickly when doing short drifts. It drives me nuts trying to circle back only to have the boat pointing in the wrong direction on the screen when you think you lined up.

Just looking for opinions on how well they work or don't. Or if there's a better option out there etc.. Read a few reviews online that were mixed. Similar to you I don't currently have a NMEA 2000 setup on my boat and need to purchase that as well. I'm really hoping this will help get back on top of humps and pinnicles quickly when doing short drifts. It drives me nuts trying to circle back only to have the boat pointing in the wrong direction on the screen when you think you lined up.
That's exactly what it's good for and why I'm installing it.If you plan on adding an autopilot later there are better (more expensive) options.

Back