Garelick 4 stroke kicker bracket Wanted

SpringVelocity

Crew Member
I just found out today when looking at boat one of the bracket connecting the kicker to pad has sheered.... I was very lucky didnt lose motor. Anyhow just wondering if any one has a spare 4 stroke adjustable bracket they want to part with.

I am in Shawnigan lake/Duncan area but can come down to Vic or up to Nanaimo...

I will post the break when I get the camera recharged ..Scary never broke one...I should replace it with a powder coated one, but will do it next season. Not a fan of these things.

Actually just to add even you have a non working one I just need the bracket that attaches to pad off it...

Last edited by a moderator:
It does look like that. Mine is the garelick version of that but black. I will post up a pic soon....Maybe what you have might work.... Just have no time to machine/anodize a new bracket for this weekend.... Hopefully won't have to buy a brand new one.

This is a garelick too. If you PM ME your phone or email ill send you pics of the actual bracket.

Here is the problem. You can see from bending/angle of tear that this bracket was torqued... This is probably a warning for many that trailer. From now on I will strap my kicker down when transporting. Remember I while back I put up a posting that my kicker locking tabs broke.http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum...Warning-when-trailering&highlight=kicker+tilt

Well I am guessing this happened at same time never noticed...

Seeing how a new one is over 300 closer to 400 with taxes I may just machine a new bracket.... Put a doubler plate on it meantime. If anyone has a spare/see an ad let me know....

2014-08-30 08.25.45.jpg2014-08-30 08.26.27.jpg2014-08-30 08.26.50.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Should be able to weld that crack up. I had the same bracket and the same problem plus the hinge pins started to wear elongated holes and the bracket became quite loose. Ended up going with a solid bracket. I think most of the problems are caused by trailering with the kicker up and it bouncing around. I now only trailer with it down and so far no problems.

Yah there are two extra bolts that bolt through kicker for now through that angle that will give it some strength. I was unsuccessful getting the brackets today no one sells them. Good idea I may weld it as well. I am just getting some angle next week and drill it to make a doubler over top of this.... I am bolting it through so will be way stronger...But I am going to switch this to fixed powder coated one soon. Unreal how expensive these have gotten was 400 with tax for replacement....

Saves me probably 350.00 doing it this way.

This is the bracket I was thinking of getting for my 8hp Honda kicker.Have it on one of those Spar 20hp rated brackets right now and find them too flimsy for a heavy 4 stroke.$400 is alot of money for a bracket,but seemed to be the right
choice for my application.How old is that bracket of yours,SV? Do you think this happened because of trailering with
the leg right up?Just don't want to put out that kind of money if it only holds together for a couple or few years.

I just got the boat a while ago. My old one on my boat was 4 years old and way better shape..This one could be 6 years old or so. The thing about these is a few hundred bucks gets you a nice fixed mount bracket all powder-coated... I like those better myself.

This is the bracket I was thinking of getting for my 8hp Honda kicker.Have it on one of those Spar 20hp rated brackets right now and find them too flimsy for a heavy 4 stroke.$400 is alot of money for a bracket,but seemed to be the right
choice for my application.How old is that bracket of yours,SV? Do you think this happened because of trailering with
the leg right up?Just don't want to put out that kind of money if it only holds together for a couple or few years.
If you're looking for a new bracket I would buy or have one made that is fixed and I wouldn't even bother with the powder coating. I've found that most times the fasteners chip the powder coating and it starts to flake off. IMHO. I also think that trailering with the leg down is the way to go. I don't think people realize how much the kickers bounce around. I don't know how many times I have followed people and thought about backing way off because I thought their kicker would just fly off their boat and I would wear it with the front of the truck.

Hey SV check with Sherwood they might have a used garelick. My buddy just had a fixed put on his boat and i think he just left it there? He's away so i can't get ahold of him to confirm.. I had both a fix and garelick on my boats.. Remember boats smaller than 21ft the kicker might drag if not on plane 100% and you will get spray or water coming back in your boat.. Not a problem if you don't mined that.. The adjustable just gets the kicker right out of the water.. Fixed is way more secure and no worries of bracket failure...

Hey SV check with Sherwood they might have a used garelick. My buddy just had a fixed put on his boat and i think he just left it there? He's away so i can't get ahold of him to confirm.. I had both a fix and garelick on my boats.. Remember boats smaller than 21ft the kicker might drag if not on plane 100% and you will get spray or water coming back in your boat.. Not a problem if you don't mined that.. The adjustable just gets the kicker right out of the water.. Fixed is way more secure and no worries of bracket failure...

Funny you mention it we found culprit..My old boat 16 ft double eagle went up on plane quite quickly..I was always used to putting kicker to one side when running and always lifted out of water..Well I guess the new boat it was dragging all this summer never picked up on it..That is what killed the bracket... Its was bouncing up and down. Way back from otter today I put it straight and problem solves it doesn't drag when running..... Thnx...I will ask sherwood...

Back