Fresh Start to the day today.

walleyes

Crew Member
Cool one in N/E AB this morning, nothing like a good -40 to clear out the riff raff lol.

Attachments

• IMG_5021.JPG
    IMG_5021.JPG
    293.6 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_5022.JPG
    IMG_5022.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 99
Cool one in N/E AB this morning, nothing like a good -40 to clear out the riff raff lol.
I spent 33 yrs living in Fort Mac and saw a few mornings like that over the years. Loved living and working there but can honestly say I don't miss the cold now that I've been spoiled with this island weather. Stay safe, stay warm as best you can in these temps. Good choice of music.

I spent 33 yrs living in Fort Mac and saw a few mornings like that over the years. Loved living and working there but can honestly say I don't miss the cold now that I've been spoiled with this island weather. Stay safe, stay warm as best you can in these temps. Good choice of music.

Yah,, it was our plan to be out there in a couple more years as well but now momma won't leave the Grandkids behind. Oh well, this cold seperates the men from the boys all part of northern life.

Having lived coast to coast, I didn’t mind the prairie cold nearly as much as I minded the very short, dark days and the fact you could expect 5-months of winter and snowstorms anytime between Thanksgiving and the May long-weekend (yes, I still vividly remember shovelling over a foot of snow as a teenager with my brothers on May Long in Edmonton back in the mid-80s). I don’t mind the less extreme cold of winter, especially in places like on the prairies where cold winter weather also means bluebird sky days. However, I don’t think you can beat the balance of four pretty equal seasons here in the BC Interior and really love that after March Break I can do some spring skiing at the ski hill and golf in shirt sleeves down in the valley on the same weekend!

Cheers!

Ukee

Spent many a day up in the derrick in sub -20 to -30 weather in Northern Alberta and can't say I miss those days. Remember a 1 week hitch when the temps were -40 to -50 all week. After 13 years I just found the winters just to dam long and moved back to the coast in 1990, best thing I ever did.

Lived in Alberta for 30+ years and it wasn't the cold that got me, it was how long it lasted. Too much winter. Love living on the coast and could never go back.

Back