Fraser river sockeye

Sportfisherman are the only group that cannot make money on their catch. Sportfishers pay annually to be able to put food on the table. Sportfisherman do not catch anywhere near the amount of any other group.

I as a Sportfisherman would be more than happy to report ALL of my catch numbers and details including DNA samples, daily, weekly, whatever interval would be needed to help determine stock assessment.

It would be great if we as a group did not need to buy fish from a grocery store or possible illegal fish from the side of the road.
Be a cold day in hell before I ever buy a fking salmon from the side of the road!

And Still the nets were out today. Saw an American boat "Pipe Dreams" launch at the Trites launch tonight. He said, "I can't believe they don't let sport guys go out , tons of fish out there"!

And Still the nets were out today. Saw an American boat "Pipe Dreams" launch at the Trites launch tonight. He said, "I can't believe they don't let sport guys go out , tons of fish out there"!
Is there no newspaper that has the balls to run a story on this if there was a good article put together with all the facts and numbers? I don’t live on the lower mainland but surely someone here has the wherewithal to put together a good letter.

Is there no newspaper that has the balls to run a story on this if there was a good article put together with all the facts and numbers? I don’t live on the lower mainland but surely someone here has the wherewithal to put together a good letter.
The news media is completely on board with the governments agenda of so called reconciliation. When was the last time you heard the media question or criticize anything this government has done. I guess that’s what happens when you give huge subsidies, non of them want to jeopardize the flow of money. Protect the leader and his establishment at all cost.

The news media is completely on board with the governments agenda of so called reconciliation.
Most of the general public don't hunt or fish. With this in mind, they don't give a hoot if those resources are handed to FN as it costs Joe Blow NOTHING. The people that are upset are the small minority that actually hunt or fish, either for a living, or for recreational purposes, who are losing access to these resources. If Joe Blow had to pay a direct reconciliation tax, all hell would break loose.

Yup! I shared the video with everyone I could. Everyone else should do the same. It’s not racist, it’s facts. And facts need to start overruling feelings again or we are going to be screwed.

Fishing with rod says this is the spot

Honestly boys it's ******. Welcome to our government

I don't know what else I can Honestly do besides get capped for speaking the truth

There have been over half a million fish past mission the last three days.

There is no reason at all to not announce an area 29-3 and 29-4 sportfishing/recreational opening at today's meeting.

I have seen many more fish that have not even entered the river yet so numbers will be going up even despite the high amount of fish being caught in the gill nets downstream from Mission.

Does anyone know where we look to see the reported catch numbers from the First Nation's Food, Social, and Ceremonial Fisheries that have been open since August 1st? Surely there must be a count somewhere that the public can see?

I do not see these numbers being taken into consideration by the Fraser River Panel.
The FSC fishery has enough when they say enough. Thats it. No oversight.

If the First Nations have over caught soooo much fish that they cant sell enough quick enough on the black market - and continue to throw Salmon in ditches / forests.

Then it should be shut down immediately. Thats alot!! of fish when you run into lack of buyers. Disturbing to see this happening year after year.

There have been over half a million fish past mission the last three days.

There is no reason at all to not announce an area 29-3 and 29-4 sportfishing/recreational opening at today's meeting.

I have seen many more fish that have not even entered the river yet so numbers will be going up even despite the high amount of fish being caught in the gill nets downstream from Mission.

Does anyone know where we look to see the reported catch numbers from the First Nation's Food, Social, and Ceremonial Fisheries that have been open since August 1st? Surely there must be a count somewhere that the public can see?

I do not see these numbers being taken into consideration by the Fraser River Panel.

I don’t trust the FN catch numbers . A fellow I know, his cousin was a fish counter for the band and he told me the numbers were far from accurate. The numbers were to make the DFO happy.

Back