Fraser river sockeye

She should step down. She is not adequate for the position. She knows it. It's called fisheries management not fisheries destruction.
The challenge is with DFO and its conflicting agendas of trying to serve both industry and conservation, replacing the minister will not change that at all. In fact I can thing of only two fisheries ministers in the last forty years that made any significant changes and one was PC and the other one was a Liberal. I strongly suspect that the minister is not even aware of many of the complexities of what is occurring on the West Coast due to the culture of the bureaucracy within DFO ( note I am not including their own scientists).

The challenge is with DFO and its conflicting agendas of trying to serve both industry and conservation, replacing the minister will not change that at all. In fact I can thing of only two fisheries ministers in the last forty years that made any significant changes and one was PC and the other one was a Liberal. I strongly suspect that the minister is not even aware of many of the complexities of what is occurring on the West Coast due to the culture of the bureaucracy within DFO ( note I am not including their own scientists).

Yeah ok

Be interesting to see who Trudeau appoints next. Sure it will be another liberal.

Hopefully we get somebody better in the position compared to these last two complete failures!

I hear you but truth is the government liberal directives are going to be the same. Also the regional director is still an issue. She isn't going anywhere, and she gives advice to the minister. Whether it is liberal or conservative in power.

We will probably get someone out East.

If the government switches could be a better chance but you still have to get through that regional director.

I've been checking the fisheries notices quite often and the latest fisheries notice finally has promising news for a recreational sockeye opening. Any guesses on what we will see for an opening date?

"There are Late run Sockeye harvest opportunities being planned for commercial and recreational fisheries which will be announced by separate fishery notices in the coming days."

Based on the last days of the seine fishing test results in area 12 and 20 … I think you have 2 chances for recreational sockeye fishing this season.
1. Slim
2. None

What happened to the Adam’s cycle? Scary.

I've been checking the fisheries notices quite often and the latest fisheries notice finally has promising news for a recreational sockeye opening. Any guesses on what we will see for an opening date?

"There are Late run Sockeye harvest opportunities being planned for commercial and recreational fisheries which will be announced by separate fishery notices in the coming days."

They just wanted to make sure enough got thru for their “salmon currency” before they threw the rest a few crumbs

Back