Forum members BOATS

Grabbed this shot of Cohochinook in Bamfield inlet on Saturday afternoon.

IMG_2228resized4x6b.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Peahead

Grabbed this shot of Cohochinook in Bamfield inlet on Saturday afternoon.

IMG_2228resized4x6b.jpg

I was in transit from the campsite dock to Mills Landing. Don't normally run with bumpers out.[:p] The Campion 492 is a great small boat that fishes big! Really happy with it.

Jealous though when I see some of the other Forum Members boats.[8D]

Peahead or The Law

Do you know what make boat is "The Law"? I like the looks of it, as long as it didn't come apart when it came down in that first pic.:)

FishWish

oops. I should be asking this to "The Law". I didn't realize that it was a forum member.

Here's a shot of my boat

GrandBlueresize.jpg

Just kidding ...this is Grand Blue. Owned by the Russian guy that owns the English soccer team, Chelsea

Actually couldn't afford anything quite that big so here's my boat.

alure.jpg

- its not how big your boat is, but how well you use it ;)

Shot taken up at Jewitt Cove in Nootka last summer - about to do a 4 hr tow of Sushihunter after he hit a log

Thanks Charlie ....just as I was about to take the shot of Dan, he hit our wake ....and my finger clicked the shot. Fluke really.

We are looking for a new boat and currently been looking at the Aluminums coming out of the states Hewes, Alumaweld, Northriver, Thunderjet etc. Does anyone have one of these or been on one
20_luxor_ob_os_1.jpg

They look really sweet to me and have seen some for some really good prices. The one pictures is 20'.

I bought this Thunder Jet in the spring I love it, lots of room for fishing, it has a 115 yamaha and an 8 hp kicker, great on fuel, a bit slappy in the chop compared to a fiberglass boat of the same size, I think because it is a bit lighter and sits up on top more.
167.jpg

The ones we have been looking at have suspension seats that should help compensate a little. How much space is there up in the bow? Is there enough for a stack of prawn traps and rope?

quote:Originally posted by drad2k4

We are looking for a new boat and currently been looking at the Aluminums coming out of the states Hewes, Alumaweld, Northriver, Thunderjet etc. Does anyone have one of these or been on one
20_luxor_ob_os_1.jpg

They look really sweet to me and have seen some for some really good prices. The one pictures is 20'.

I have a hewes searunner et with yammy 150, first aluminum, had 3 glass boats before it never go back. unreal on fuel, indestructible, lifetime warranty, light as a feather, etc. the only thing i would do differently now is to get the air ride seats. as has already been said its a little harder on the back and kidneys than the heavier glass boats but the pros outweigh the cons by a mile. north river is bankrupt so stay away from them(not sure about warranty, etc). hewes, thunderjet, alumaweld are all great choices. i like hewes the best, #1 selling aluminum boat in alaska, thats gotta say something.

P1000747.jpg

easter08andenvironmentalmindgrind08.jpg

IMG_3444.jpg

DSC01361.jpg

22' Hewescraft Searunner

No need for air seats, just throttle up and you will just skip on the top of the waves.
Tried that once now I just take it easy.
cheers

JUST FISHEN'

anything wrong with a siver streak out of sooke? if they're competitivly priced why not buy canadian? the 30 footer i was on this year was a pretty sweet machine.

Well, I have been looking at some Thunder Jets and Hewes 20 footers for around 25k. I haven't seen anything up here in that price range.

Quote from drad2k4:

"We are looking for a new boat and currently been looking at the Aluminums coming out of the states Hewes, Alumaweld, Northriver, Thunderjet etc. Does anyone have one of these or been on one"

We just bought a used 2007 Hewes 200 Sea Runner with a 150Yami with only 37hrs on the boat & motor. Just got back from Nootka Sound last Tue. Really love it sure beats the old 17ft calglass we had years ago.

Almost ordered a Boulton Boat out of Oregon but found this Hewes while
talking to Boulton, here is their site: http://www.boultonpowerboats.com/

Would post a pic if I knew how to but it looks the same as "happy hooker's" boat but without the top bar.

Here is Mer-Sea in its way to the hali-heaven. Owner of the ship is forum member mersea...who would have thought:D

MerSeajpg.jpg
[/img]

Back