Forum members BOATS

luxury_boats_mega.jpg

pretty modest boat, gets me where im going and takes the swells nice offshore...bit of a pig on gas but she fishes well when I get the kicker running

She's not pretty but she catches fish

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z147/2muchdraft/FishingTrip042.jpg

And she can take the west coast
(for those of you wanting to know what's it's like coming down the Alberni canal in the afternoon!)

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z147/2muchdraft/Makingasplash.jpg

My Dad's boat the Double D - a regular at Pill Point
(if you look closely, that's the winner's shirt from the 2007 consultants derby - now my lucky fishing shirt :D )

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z147/2muchdraft/DSC_0241.jpg

I cant believe how many of you guys have Northriver boats. Id almost think that with such a flat bottom they'd be rough riding..

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

They are not river boats(jet) but made for the ocean/big water. North River/Hewes/Thunder Jet etc all make sleds as well as hulls designed designed for ocean conditions.

DSC01361.jpg

22' Hewescraft Searunner

Yeah, these wide deep v models ride pretty nice and with the offshore bracket on the stern and the bow cover, are pretty seaworthy. But they can spank you if you try to run too fast!
A lot of them have air ride seats but they are really pricey. I like being able to run er up on the beach (or hit the dock :) without any hull damage..

I still haven't named the boat. I should call it "COMPROMISE", because that's what I did. Maybe I'll pick up a Grady in a couple of years, but for now this helps me catch fish.
aug222009012.jpg

aug222009011.jpg

"COMPROMISE", That's what we named ours! And, that is why we named it that... it was a compromise! :D

DSC01311-1-2.jpg

all boats are a compromise [B)]

anyone who can afford a grady would be doing themselves a huge favor by seriously considering a 'regulator marine' boat. before i signed the contract for REELFAST, in aluminum, i did a quick tour of a hand full of manufacturing facilities on the east coast based on my on-line research.

my criteria included: hand laid, vacuum bagged, NO wood, overall weight, minimum power option for maximum performance.....

regulaltor is the glass boat that would take you most anywhere and back. smoothest, fastest, least fuel consuming ride out there. but it would have been almost twice as much as REELFAST in aluminum.

the east coast boat builders know their stuff and produce rides that commonly take the fishermen to the gulf stream, WAY out and back in a day. typical runs to the fish are 40-90 miles, crazy but fun.

Here is the boat -- photo taken last week docked at Harbourside Lodge in Bamfield. Spent a week on the hook in the Broken Group and another week fishing Bamfield (outside and inside), Swiftsure and Renfrew.
DSCF0962.JPG

TenMile
<'((((><

Thats a real nice rig Tenmile. I love spending nights on the hook, although I prefer tying up somewhere as I have little experience anchoring.

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

quote:Originally posted by Island Fish Lifter

Thats a real nice rig Tenmile. I love spending nights on the hook, although I prefer tying up somewhere as I have little experience anchoring.

Thanks. The "Sport Cabin" is a fairly rare boat -- Seaswirl only made them for a couple of years and it was a nice find for us. Mine is an I/O but they make it with an OB which gives you back a bunch of rear deck room.

This was only my second time spending nights on the hook. For peace of mind, we found a couple of protected lagoons, set the main anchor off the bow with lots of scope and then tied the stern to a tree on shore so that the boat wouldn't swing and then set the GPS alarm to .02nm (about 120 ft). I like being tied and the convenience of AC Power, a shower and water, but also really liked being able to sleep past 5am and not have the family woken by the fishing boats heading out.

TenMile
<'((((><

Hi, my names Steve and this is my 17 foot Arima, 90 HP two stroke. I've had it one year and lovin every minute of it.
IMG_0957.jpg
[/img]

And remember....Keep your tip up!!!

Here is a couple shots of "The Law" offshore of Bamfield this past Saturday
IMG_22234x6resized.jpg

IMG_2216_4x6resized.jpg

Note the comfy sleeping quarters ontop of this boat! Gees Dan, you could have at least got him a pillow !!

Back