Ford F-350 4x4's with the V10 gas motor.

if he is looking for a 99 or 08 steer him towards a o3 or older 7.3 litre diesel, 03-05 6.o litre sucked don't buy big time issues, then they went to a 6.4 and sucks on fuel 11 miles to a gallon no mater what. now if you could put a dodge cummings in a ford truck that would be a truck. ford
owners
recommend
dodge

1999-2003 7.3 diesel is the only way to go...

My 2 cents... The fords are better trucks. They have better frames and drive trains but that is not the question.

I currently own two motorhomes with the ford V10. Both have towed huge loads for me and have had no issues. Knock on wood. Now would I compare either of them to my f350 diesel.. HA HA no flipping way. The v10's would work their asses off to move my striper where my diesel laughs the whole way along. The v10's are gas pigs while towing (hense why they sell cheap) The bright side is they are easy to work on and a lot of issues can be fixed at home.

it is a 50/50 thing really. in the city they are a waste but out in the bush you may want the extra horse power over a v8

driven a 6.0L ford diesel for 280,000km with zero problems. Are the motors trouble free, of course not but lots of them work just fine.

i havea 2005 f250 with the v10. GET A 2005 OR NEWER. They redesigned the engine for this year/added valves to it to increase performance. Love the motor so far and it tows my 30' grady with enough power to accelerate up the malahat

Yes get a newer model less small issues. As for the truck, Im a dodge guy and run the 04 Cummings 6 cylinder Diesel High output. it baselines at 330hp 610ft of torque. I added $500 dollars worth of minor mods and got that to 500hp, 1000ft of torque and shave off 4mpg. I have yet to experience any problems with the motor or drivetrain. The front ends tend to loosen up over time. I have many a friend with the ford who hate them and a wide arrangement of issues like blown head gaskets. I could care less if it is a dodge or ford, just want little issues with the thing. it has 180 000 and they have been know to go for well over 500000 with out major problems.

Yes get a newer model less small issues. As for the truck, Im a dodge guy and run the 04 Cummings 6 cylinder Diesel High output. it baselines at 330hp 610ft of torque. I added $500 dollars worth of minor mods and got that to 500hp, 1000ft of torque and shave off 4mpg. I have yet to experience any problems with the motor or drivetrain. The front ends tend to loosen up over time. I have many a friend with the ford who hate them and a wide arrangement of issues like blown head gaskets. I could care less if it is a dodge or ford, just want little issues with the thing. it has 180 000 and they have been know to go for well over 500000 with out major problems.

what did you add to it to get those numbers?! have you had it dyno'd?

Diablo bullydog tuner with the "crazy Larry" setting will bring it up to those numbers on its own but I didnt like all the smoke it caused so I have since added more funds to balance it out. Diablo pressure box, cat removal, Air Filter upgrade and the bullydog on extreme. Not dynoing, just doing simple math air filter 10-20hp, pipe 10hp, pressure box up to 100hp and bullydog is from 80-240hp depending on settings. You will cook your trany it you max it out in a second. Dodges dont tranny doenst like that kind of power. If you keep your foot out of it its amazing how much better fuel economy you get. I really is shock on how much power those diesels can spit out. Most of it is already in the motor, just has been factory restricted.

Back