Flounder Bait

Dig a few clams. Use the fresh meat for bait. A small hunk on a small treble hook. Others: Bacon, hot dog, whatever is handy. The key is the small hook.

If specifically targeting these tiny tasty bottom flatties I would recommend a freshwater carlisle long shanked hook. Easy to remove, normally we weed thru the small ones and keep the larger ones. Flounder, sole or dabs are known to inhale bait, long shanked fast rusting long shanked carlisle hooks allows an easy good for the fish release. Sorry trebles messes up their mouths, faces and makes it impossible to release smaller ones. I stick by the easiest bait idea, small strip (3/4"x 1-2") of herring hooked at pointy end and allowed to "wiggle" as you drift over the sand. If you can afford shrimp for bait???

HM

Finness I add .If a gold ribbed with gold tinsell and add golen phesent fom ukey dr blackend head a gold bead (wait?) off a float at a out fall (and some may show flukes on the whitend belly) .you need to find the fringe of the drop off with your #10 hook cast wind tide weather in your favorite ..fc

Finness I add .If a gold ribbed with gold tinsell and add golen phesent fom ukey dr blackend head a gold bead (wait?) off a float at a out fall (and some may show flukes on the whitend belly) .you need to find the fringe of the drop off with your #10 hook cast wind tide weather in your favorite ..fc

Say what ????

A little bit (2-3inch) strip of cut squid works well for cut bait, but any 1-3inch soft plastic played off the bottom in a jig and drag style will work... best played on an ultra light setup with a size 4 to 1 sized circle hook... texas, Carolina, drop shot or free float setup work...

Back