Fitting new to me trailer to 23 hourston

23Hourston

Hello guys so I finally found a trail for my boat. I think it might work
According to my measurements it should fit.
So what's one do just trial and error at the ramp
Not the best idea. Also boat is going to be sitting pretty high
Up. Low tides are sure to be a issue
Here's a pic of trailer
Big gap from bunks to mast
Also bunks are moved forward 2 feet
To fit in driveway
Sorry a bit long winded here
But going to ramp leaving to make adjustments to the trailer
Coming back make more adjustments. Oh crap got to go to store and by x roller bla bla bla
But I don't see another way?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 314
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 312
Hey Hourston,
My trailer is almost identical although it is a triple axle. I had to raise my beds and move forward by 2 feet. I just drilled new holes in the beds. I also had to move my winch about 2 feet.
What I did is make measurements of all the adjustmenst I had to make and then lifted the boat off the trailer in the driveway. Trailer was attached to the truck and we used 3 jacks with blocks to raise the boat a couple of inches off the trailer. We could them move the trailer back and forth a bit with the truck. You might have to move the jacks a couple of times.
Here is a great way to measure your tongue weight with a bathroom scale. Mine is 600 pounds and this method worked great.

https://www.etrailer.com/faq-how-to-determine-trailer-tongue-weight.aspx

Good luck!

Attachments

• IMG_9791 (Small).jpg
    IMG_9791 (Small).jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 284
Great that helps thanks
Question how far do you sink your trailer in the water to load it.
How far do the bunks hang out the back

Great that helps thanks
Question how far do you sink your trailer in the water to load it.
How far do the bunks hang out the back
Are your bunks like mine or are they flat
Thanks a ton

I launch at a pretty good ramp and only go in to about where it says Venture on the trailer. The Seaport I have has a fairly flat back end so floats rather easily.
My Bunks stick out about a foot back of the trailer and are standing up like yours and as you can see the boat is really close to the wheel covers. This was the position to give me the right tongue weight. My trailer can take a 30 footer so I had to move it forward.
Maybe you need to move the bunks closer to the middle to get the boat lower? You could also lower the bunks right down to the cross members.
My cross members are angled down more which lowers the bunk. You can see the one picture form the back which shows that.

here is my trailer.
http://wordboats.com/new-2013-tripl...iler-25-31ft-10,600#-6-discs?rt=1&ri=14965403

Here's what how my trailer is set up. I have upright bunks like yours but also a set of centering bunks forward. The back bunks go right to the end of my transom. There is no overhang past the back of the boat so you don't have to worry about your trim tabs. When I launch I found that backing up deeper was better for me. The complete fenders are well under the water. I also have trailer guides to help with back end of the boat (as it's floating). I float on and manual winch the last little bit. I have never had much luck power lauching/retrieving and getting it centered properly.

Back