Fishing with a Lund, Lowe, Tracker, etc boat on the West coast?

Zerex

Looking to get back into a boat in the next couple of years so I'm beginning my research. Would like something new, 16-17ft long, fibreglass or aluminium, on motor, can fish and pull the kids on a tube. Now here's the deal, I'd like this all in a package with trailer for around $22k.
Does anyone have experience with the light skin aluminum boats mentioned above? It seems all those companies put out a package with a 50/60 HP ob for around $20k. Would they be alright for fishing Sooke and Renfrew?
I guess a 16ft Double Eagle would be right there in price as well.
Two more questions: when's the best time to buy new (boat shows?) And are there better deals in the US?
Thanks in advance

Answers:

#1. On the MOST FAVOURABLE days yes, but pick your weather and watch it close. Expect to spend more days than not staring out at the ocean.
#2 never
#3 have a look and compare. No one can do a better job of the CDN US comparison than you

I think September to January is a great time to buy. $20k can buy you something better then the boat u have listed. What they list the boat for on there ad is often a much higher price then they sell it for. Find stuff you like and email them a dollar amount you can afford.

Back