fishing in june

R

rumbum

hi all,i have booked a salmon fishing trip for june 14-17 at a fly in lodge located in caamano sound,i think its about 100 km south of prince rupert.any thoughts on how the fishing should be this time of year,the person i talked to from the lodge said this should be prime time for springs.this will be my second time salmon fishing so i don't know...also i don't think they use downriggers so i think it mooching.is this a successfull technique?? thanks

Which lodge?

St. John's uses electric downriggers, as does Big Time and West Coast is in that neighbourhood around that time with manual units.

This year fishing for smaller fish was decent next year you never know it's a crapshoot.

http://www.northkinglodge.com/

No downriggers on those boats for sure some would say they're way behind the times.

16-greenboat.jpg

Yeah cut plug works well but other methods work better IMO including Anchovy behind a flasher, whole Herring in a teaser head fished over a dummy flasher and whole</u> Herring rigged to spin.

That's one you should try to learn, you can use the same rig they give you for cut plug to rig a whole Herring to spin the The Holy Roller some call it and it's deadly.

lets say on an average day how many springs would a person catch in mid june...i know you can't tell the future but you guys have probaly got a lot more knowledge than me

Back