Fishing in hawaii

Could not have said it any better Tan Tastic84, i still in a depressed daze, but slowly coming out of it.

The little lady and I have been to Maui four times now. Every time we go, we really have a gut check at the airport when we have to go back to Seattle. We really love it in Seattle, but the relaxed lifestyle on Maui is just..... It's just....Tits! I mean, I dont have a care in the world about what's happening off island. I know it's different if you actually have to live and work there, but I can handle it if I get to sit on the beach and watch sunsets like they have there everyday.

My dream is like many people on here. Get enough money stashed away so I can but a condo on Maui. Rent it out the majority of the year then stay for a month...maybe two...hell, maybe three whenever airfare allows it. Is that too much to ask!

Those butt hats shipping off to ISIS could learn a thing or two about loving life if they took a god damned vacation now and then! Bunch of mopes! :)

I to have to agree with you. That last day is a killer for me, takes me a good couple weeks to get over the depression of being home. We go Oct-Nov every year and stay in Kannapali in a house that was bought 5 years ago when the US economy went in the toilet and the dollar was better.The house sleeps 8 and we just slit everything 8 ways and it's the cheapest holiday I've ever done. I've been to every inch of the Island and it's all beautiful, I never get tired of it. After the first couple days the outside world does not exist. The moment I get on that plane to come home I'm already planning next years holiday and who's coming and how to the stay longer. The only problem is I have to work the rest of the year to make it all happen.LOL

Wow, that's awesome Casper5280, i know I'm never going to Mexico again that's for sure. Sounds like you have a good thing going there! What's with that depression thing, that's brutal!! Some say you go thru a decompressing phase when you get back. We sure can't wait to get back there, hopefully this coming Nov. - Forum member Newfie Boy i believe is there now, he was going for 4 months, lucky dog!!

Wow, that's awesome Casper5280, I know I'm never going to Mexico again that's for sure. Sounds like you have a good thing going there! What's with that depression thing, that's brutal!! Some say you go thru a decompressing phase when you get back. We sure can't wait to get back there, hopefully this coming Nov. - Forum member Newfie Boy i believe is there now, he was going for 4 months, lucky dog!!

I've got buddies that have been to all the Islands and they all say Maui is the best of them. I could only dream of going for 4 months, takes me all year just to pull off the time I go for. Just wish I could get a boat there and do the fishing thing as well. I was quite surprised at the lack of boats that are there, I have been all over the Island and think I have seen maybe a dozen or so boats in peoples yards. Even at the marinas there is not that many boats the most are quite old and beaten. O'well counting the days till back in paradise. On days like this I sometimes go down to the pet store and look at the aquariums and imagine I'm swimming with the fish in the tank.LOL

I've seen a few private boats coming and going at the Kihei boat launch. I think the main problem is gas and maintenance. I think it probably costs 2-3x more for maintenance on the islands than it does here on the main land. You'd have to ship all the supplies in and even if you found a website which offers free shipping, since you're not on the main land, you'll still pay out the butt for shipping. Another thing I've never seen is a marine shop or dealer. I haven't actually gone on a search for a place (the lady would kick my butt if I was boat shopping while we were on vacation), but I haven't seen a place which sells hulls, motors, trailers etc.

I think a lot of island folk have to freight in their boats from the main land. Buy on the west coast, put on a shipping container and wait for it to arrive at your door. But, if you want to see it before you buy it, you'll have to fly out, check out the boat, HOPE it's something you're going to buy etc etc. Then after all that, with the cost of living the way it is on the islands...... Anyway, I can see where things start to add up. And add up QUICK.

Nuts.....there's that post vacation depression again. And to top it off it's raining outside and the Canucks aren't playing! BUT, this Flames Sharks game just got interesting!

Back