FishAssassin needs a Big Shout Out Right Now.

You may not understand that as you age, legal intimidation has very little effect. At my age, with a heart condition, even "life" in prison is not much of a deterrent.
It has to do with jeopardizing ones legal position though, not of being intimidated.

I had the same thing happen to our home last Summer. Never heard of this happening to anyone else until now. I can sympathize with FishAssasin's response to this situation as it's a pretty terrifying experience. In our case it was a weekday and my wife wakes me up at 2am saying someone is pounding on the front. Oddly I didn't hear a thing. It did wake my boys though. I went outside and searched around my house with a flashlight and a piece of pipe for protection. We have large hedges and it not easy to see what might be lurking around the corner. After 15min and a thorough search I gave up. It was hard to get back to sleep but I managed, whereas my wife couldn't and spent some time staring out through a spare bedroom window with the lights off. Then all of a sudden she says I see them. I jump up to join her, when we see the neighbours kids from across the street , which were hiding on the roof of the garage climb down a ladder and run across the street to my next door neighbour. I was furious. By the time I got outside they were already back up the ladder and on the roof again. So I proceeded to the neighbours front door and booted on it extremely hard for about 10 seconds. Of course they come flying out and start yelling at me thinking I'm crazy. I ask them how they appreciate the wakeup call and let them know what their son and his friends are up to. The father is a real winner and didn't seem to care that much and just told them to go inside. Actually told me I have balls for going over there like that WTF? As they sulked off and headed inside I asked them if they thought an apology might be in order which they begrudgingly gave me. So yeah, I agree with the comments on here it starts with the parents. And I'm sure if I had of whacked one of them in the dark I would be the one in trouble. Justice system is a real joke for sure.

FA I hope you and Laura recover from this ordeal. No one seems to understand the psychological damage these little pricks can do to someone. Yes you recover from bumps and bruises but the brain does not let you forget the trauma. Perhaps a pit bull leashed to the front porch would be a good deterrent. Stay safe.

I’m friends with Owen and Laura. They are great people who have had to endure this BS. I am taken aback that this goes on honestly. If my kids had done this in their youth they would be suffering some pretty serious consequences. I don’t really have much else to say that I haven’t already conveyed to Owen and I won’t be repeating that on a public forum. Violence isn’t the answer but man…….would have been hard not to resort to that, especially in protecting your loved one and home.

peace out folks. I wish you both a speedy recovery.

Darin

First: Owen, I feel deeply for you & your Lady.
No-one should ever have to face down what you did. Kudos for the Cojones to do what you did.
Happy to see no charges are forthcoming against you.
Best wishes for a speedy & full recovery.

Second: There are signs all around our place "Guard Dog On Duty".
That at the direct advice from an RCMP Sergeant.
My Wolf Hybrids would make extremely short work of anyone trespassing beyond those signs.
Legally.
Just a thought...

Be Safe & Well you two.
If you need anything in the way of support, please feel free to call on me if I can be of any assistance.

Regards,
Matt

The door kicking is pretty bad, what I absolutely cannot get my head around is that they stripped Laura in front of your house.

My sincerest condolences for what you have both suffered.
Best wishes on both of your recoveries, hopefully the mental aspect is not long lived.

What is that quote from Pulp Fiction about pliers and a blowtorch.

Back