Fish storage campion 185

Bearded wonder

Looking for ideas on how to storage fish on my Campion Explorer 185. It does not have any built in fish storage.
Currently I use an old fish bag from an airline fish box. Under the passenger seat. Not the greatest but the job done somewhat.

Looking for ideas on how to storage fish on my Campion Explorer 185. It does not have any built in fish storage.
Currently I use an old fish bag from an airline fish box. Under the passenger seat. Not the greatest but the job done somewhat.
Is ît an inboard or outboard? I have a 542 outboard and put a 120qt cooler right up against the transom. Still lots of room for fishing. I have seen others put 90qt coolers on the swim platform.

I had a 542 Campion for 10 years, bought it at Port Boathouse. It had custom made (I assume) aluminum fish trays that slid under each set of sleeper seats. They were awesome and I would throw some bagged ice in the trays to keep the fish cool on those hot days on the water.

i have a DE 185 so basically same size boat. i recently just purchased a Calcutta kill bag from Redden Net in CR.

game changer for our size boat. it’s the smaller sized one but it still holds six large lings and i’ve had four 77-80 cm springs in it. it can keep a bag of ice for almost two days in the sun. (Almost) i slide it under the rear engine well right up against the transom and it’s out of the way until i need it.

edit: Boom. $50 at Harbour Chandler

i have a DE 185 so basically same size boat. i recently just purchased a Calcutta kill bag from Redden Net in CR.

game changer for our size boat. it’s the smaller sized one but it still holds six large lings and i’ve had four 77-80 cm springs in it. it can keep a bag of ice for almost two days in the sun. (Almost) i slide it under the rear engine well right up against the transom and it’s out of the way until i need it.

edit: Boom. $50 at Harbour Chandler
What size ?

Still looking? I had a Campion 542 and got Industrial Plastics here in Victoria make a custom fish box for the space under the rear passenger seat. Dimensions are 37 5/8” long, 11” wide and 6 3/4” high. Further pics and info to be posted on Used Victoria under fishing equipment within the hour

Still looking? I had a Campion 542 and got Industrial Plastics here in Victoria make a custom fish box for the space under the rear passenger seat. Dimensions are 37 5/8” long, 11” wide and 6 3/4” high. Further pics and info to be posted on Used Victoria under fishing equipment within the hour
Would be perfect but not getting to Victoria anytime soon.

Thanks for the suggestions. Picked up the Mustad fish bag from Cabelas as the one on Facebook was sold.
Now just to catch fish and use it……..

Back