Seat platform/storage

sly_karma

Crew Member
My 19 ft runabout short on storage space. Most gear like cannonballs, anchor and rode, rod holders etc are all stored in 5 gallon pails. Works, but nothing is secure.

Passenger seat is currently swivel mounted on a post, but I'm contemplating switching to a box with door/s to create some much needed covered storage. I'd appreciate any pictures of similar projects. Also seeking comments on materials, construction methods, etc.

Current setup shown. Aluminum box on drivers side is sized to take a large fish cooler. Critical of course to preserve max size dance floor.

20210707_123959.jpg

Good, neat work on cable management. There may be some room to work with on your transom well where the tape ruler is mounted, like a custom table with knife holders etc. Pacific Angler in Vancouver has a variety. Other thought is mounting vertical tackle boxes in holders on the inside of gunwales, or maybe at the back. Cooler with cushion on top for passenger seat?

I already have the cooler and cushion. Deliberately went with just two seats (plus the cushion) for this 19 ft fishing platform. I was planning to make a cutting table with tool holders this fall, but could be persuaded to buy a nice off-the-shelf model if I see a design I like. Should mention I'm a carpenter and have a good shop with at least two of every tool going.

See the small pails and tackle box clustered below the passenger seat? I'm using that space anyway, would like to tidy it up and get stuff away out of sight. My number one rule for small boats is Keep It Tidy!

I love seeing an organized fishing vessel. I'm always walking docks looking at other other boats for ideas to increase organization and efficiency.
I had these made for my boat and they worked great for the last 2 years. Changed them out because I upgraded to suspension seats for my dad. Stored life jackets in one side and all my safety items in the other plus some tackle boxes. 18Wx20Dx18H. Worked great and even cushioned a bit compared to my pedestals. Stayed dry as they had a gasket seal. If you want them let me know! 20210803_131740.jpg

I love seeing an organized fishing vessel. I'm always walking docks looking at other other boats for ideas to increase organization and efficiency.
I had these made for my boat and they worked great for the last 2 years. Changed them out because I upgraded to suspension seats for my dad. Stored life jackets in one side and all my safety items in the other plus some tackle boxes. 18Wx20Dx18H. Worked great and even cushioned a bit compared to my pedestals. Stayed dry as they had a gasket seal. If you want them let me know! View attachment 68908
One of those would work very well, I think. Will send PM.

Back