First Sportsman show Portland!

We did that show for 10 years, always a good time and fun to talk to everyone
Don't expect to book too many trips at the shows , most people are window shopping. Booking at the shows were never our worry as we were sold out most years anyway. It was mostly to show our face to the 70% returning clientel we had every year. Portland and Sacramento were my favorite shows.

Many Americans know of Winter Harbour due to the Angler West tv and YouTube series that went up there many times. Good luck.

I don't think its necessarily about selling trips ,I think its about getting some brand recognition and getting to talk to people about fishing. Looking forward to the show opening tomorow

I agree. When I was a hunting guide, we did that show for years and we sold a few trips, but we got the name out there, caught up with old friends from other businesses at the show, met new and old clients, some of who became friends and I usually bought some stuff that you couldn't get up here.

The after show parties each night were legendary...Haha! Made the next day really long!

Good luck, enjoy the show and get ready for the wheeler and dealers on Sunday afternoon, like they think that if you don't sell the trip, you have to take it home with you....LOL!!

Cheers

SS

The cowboy bar attached to the Portlander hotel was always a great time

Back