BC Sportsman Show

Hit the show as well yesterday and was mostly disappointed with the lack of both Salt and Freshwater gear. Set me off early with a $10 hit for parking but still was enough there to peak some interest. The vendors were pretty enthusiastic and knowledgeable so that was all good as I learned a few things. The Aluminium boat pricing was as expected through the roof and the RV‘s were much the same. SFI booth had a very interesting new catch and quick release hook devise that will hit the market soon. Recommend spend time online to fill out their latest survey. Should have taken a picture as I see this devise as being a must much like the descending device. Other than that 20% off a 53” Dragonfly net was worth a purchase.

Last edited:
I took my father out there yesterday as well, $10 for parking $15 for an adult and $13 for a senior, the whole thing was more than the boat show and very little to offer. Almost zero saltwater gear, no Gibbs Delta booth, no Cabelas or Basspro, nothing in the way of guns or gun safes.

Not even any outdoor food vendors, no boats outside like they used to.

1/2 the vendors that are there are complaining about the new ownership of Tradex.

PoCo Marine is there and did have some decent deals on stuff, probably the booth that saved the whole experience for me!!

But over all a disappointing show.

Last edited:
Correct they had a couple out front.

I was referring to when they would have a dozen plus boats outside in the fenced area for viewing.

You’re not getting on or looking in the boats out front.

These types of shows appear to be coming back post Covid. With this Tradex show on now, I wonder what the vendor attendance will be at the BC Outdoors Show in Chilliwack in 3 weeks.

These types of shows appear to be coming back post Covid. With this Tradex show on now, I wonder what the vendor attendance will be at the BC Outdoors Show in Chilliwack in 3 weeks.
If there is anyone besides Freds there it will be better. I just got home from the show and it was brutal. Complete waste of time and money except for Poco marine had some ok deals. Was pretty disappointed that allot of the company reps were all tied into 1 sport shop and there was no deal to be had on what I was looking for. I've been going to the show for the last 25 years or more and I think they need to just pull the plug on it. RIP tradeX show.

If there is anyone besides Freds there it will be better. I just got home from the show and it was brutal. Complete waste of time and money except for Poco marine had some ok deals. Was pretty disappointed that allot of the company reps were all tied into 1 sport shop and there was no deal to be had on what I was looking for. I've been going to the show for the last 25 years or more and I think they need to just pull the plug on it. RIP tradeX show.
Last year Harbour Chandler came over with boatloads of discounted gear, Gibbs Delta was there with lots of stuff and giveaways, and deals too. It was actually pretty good, but it was the first one we had in a few years so the vendors were looking for a venue.

I've been an exhibitor and a customer at many of trade show, and common thing is that everyone wants something at a good price. The reps are there to help answer the questions, show off the products and put your mind at ease before dropping the cash which is awesome. As an exhibitor we always wanted people to go away feeling like they were getting a break on the price as well and this is why we sold out at almost every show we were at. I was going to drop over $800 on 6 rods today and apparently the price is the price so take it or leave it.... kinda makes a guy wanna just take his hard earned money elsewhere, These computers make shopping pretty easy from the o'l arm chair these days and can support other shops without the attitude. Sorry for the rant but I'm still a bit ticked off.

Hope the BCO show is a huge success... i unfortunatly am working that weekend and will not be able to attend.

I used to travel over from the Island for the shows.. Now I just do the one in Puyallup every couple years.

CR Greg.

We will be ate the Chilliwack Sportsman show with Dryshod boots and Bakcou E-bikes. Looking forward to it.

Back