First real hog of the year!

Typical fish story, keeps on growing after being caught.

Oh there is a story alright.. 2 hour battle with a 45 minute stand off with the fish just sitting under the boat. He almost got spooled a couple of times as they chased it around the inlet..

well theres a 42...lol
DSC_0022-Copy_zps83e55bfe.jpg

Still looks at least 50's to me...but once they get up to that size, really hard to gauge!

Is that MR> John T ???
nice fish !!!

I received another photo of this beast via text from a common buddy I have with the angler that caught it but won't post it. I don't know the guy personally so without permission I won't post it.

Eventually it will show up here I'm sure and you will see for yourself. It's a monster, boys.

He is a Magician , and we all know what Magicians are about...
Magic is all BS and smoke and mirrors... and that about sums him up !
nice fish by the way !!!

Capt. Hook is trolling and had his arm bitten off by a Great White...

Your post is a fail. My personal "best" is a 66 from River's Inlet in 1994...unfortunately it died after a 45 minute fight when it would not revive.. I got a massive shellacking for arriving back at the dock after afternoon personal fun fish with the second largest fish the lodge saw that season. It didn't go over very well. Then again, when I arrived at the lodge there were 10 over 50 on the dock and 15 over 40....that was a regular occurrence.

I also guided for several years in the Charlottes and have guided my guests into many well over 50, many well over 40 and a handful over 60 and I'm proud to say that better than 80 % of these fish I managed to have my guests release.

People on these forums calling for pics is like people screaming " KILL KILL KILL!" and " We want BLOOD!". It's downright infantile.

You're a rather mouthy fella on these forums....you wouldn't walk into a bar and start shooting your mouth off would you? Well, don't do it here and don't do it to me.

If a fish is pushing 60 pounds chances are it's going to be 49-52 inches long. Girth is important. Mikep does a good job representing his fish. As for the other loons longarming, growing, stretching, stuffing weighs into fish, etc, they do a great disservice to honest and reputable firms. Rather than representing themselves truthfully, they choose to misrepresent, stretch and make something more than it is. What would have been great is seeing pictures of that fish being revived right before it swims off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Capt. Hook is trolling and had his arm bitten off by a Great White...

Your post is a fail. My personal "best" is a 66 from River's Inlet in 1994...unfortunately it died after a 45 minute when it would not revive.. I got a massive shellacking for arriving back at the dock on an afternoon fun fish with the second largest fish the lodge saw that season.

I also guided for several years in the Charlottes and have guided my guests into many well over 50, many well over 40 and a handful over 60 and I'm proud to say that better than 80 % of these fish I managed to have my guests release.

People on these forums calling for pics is like people screaming " KILL KILL KILL!" and " We want BLOOD!". It's downright infantile.

You're a rather mouthy fella on these forums....you wouldn't walk into a bar and start shooting your mouth off would you? Well, don't do it here and don't do it to me.

If a fish is pushing 60 pounds chances are it's going to be 49-52 inches long. Girth is important. Mikep does a good job representing his fish. As for the other loons longarming, growing, stretching, stuffing weighs into fish, etc, they do a great disservice to honest and reputable firms rather than representing themselves truthfully.

Ha Ha!! Good one...........well played. When it's a 50 it's a different creature

I get a laugh out of all the long arming, better than the gym.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw Rob with Trevor today on the a Karma at Point No Point. Asked if it was his 75 and he gave the thumbs up. There is another picture of the fish on the Wise Buys FB page with some kids laying beside the fish. That one gives better scale. Some cameras make 25 Pound fish look 40 and others make 40's look 25. Trev gets into big fish at Rivers every year.

I think Capt crunch and some of us don't like your attitude.. You seem to speak before you know the facts.. Now you have tofino blowing smoke up ur butt..

Tofinofish is a professional with decades of experience. I am professional with many years of experience. Other people who I sent the picture to say the fish is NOT 75 pounds. The location being kept secret is total horsesh*t too....because it likely bleeds more credibility from the claim of 75 pounds.

Check out this link for a legitimate 75.
http://salmon-fishing.blogspot.ca/2009/08/75-pound-chinook-caught-at-rivers-inlet.html

I rest my case.

Ironically that is a great picture to have picked of a 75 pound Chinook. Only because that is Trevor himself on the left with his 75 pound River's Inlet Chinook he caught himself. He takes a few lucky buddies with him every summer for a chance at a fish of a lifetime. It was Rob's turn and he scored!

I think it probably is the weight they say it is. I thought this came from Sooke area that why I was skeptacle that as this very rare for our area nowadays....

River's inlet I can totally see that.

I think Capt hook and some of us don't like your attitude.. You seem to speak before you know the facts.. Now you have tofino blowing smoke up ur butt..
Not blowing smoke up his butt, for Goodness sakes. I was agreeing with him that i find it funny that people try and represent a big fish as a hog. I've caught a few in my 30 yrs of guiding and 45 yrs of salmon fishing (not as many over 40 as FM, Mike P and others that guided up north but i recognize there is a huge difference.

After seeing that pic with the kids it could very well be 75#. Measurements like 47x36 would get it there. I have no issues saying I may have spoken too soon but in the first pic it did not look 75#. That is a fish of a 100 life times congrats to the angler.

Maybe 40? I've been catching springs for a few decades, and have only had a few around 40, and that fish is appears WAY bigger than anything i've boated.
I couldn't say if its a 60, or a 70, or a 75, having never seen one in person, but its way, way over 40.

Not often a dead slabs weight is so disputed lol. Someone throw it on a scale.....

That is one well fed fish! Catch of a lifetime.

Not often a dead slabs weight is so disputed lol. Someone throw it on a scale.....

That is one well fed fish! Catch of a lifetime.
problem being, I assume it was thrown on scale, it was said to be 75, and all the know it alls here refused to accept that (and I went along with it as I don't know better as I haven't seen any bigger than one in the 40's in my lifetime! lol). Wotdoyado???? lol

Back