Fiberglass Stain Remover

the fog ducker

i know theres some threads regarding this already , but , maybe theres some new products out there , time for a major clean on my glass hull ,
mostly water stains from the marina , i pull it out every trip , but , has some light staining , any ideas ??, RustAid is very highly recomended on a yank site , i cant find it here , only the yank home depot has it , does anyone know where i can get it up here in Canda...

thx in advance

fd

I have had very good success with toilet and urinal stain remover from janitors wharehouse. Wear gloves and neutralize with water right after. Polish after cause it removes the polish.

Mr clean magic erasers work great on the stains, but they also take the wax off
so you need to re-wax after the stains are gone.

thx guys

so no one knows if we can get RustAid in Canada,,, heard that stuff is magical on white hulls..

someone smuggle me some back from the U.S. lol Home Depot...: )

836c0454-987c-47db-9147-b9b380c90a75_300.jpg

fd

Felix, i have found hands down the best stain ever. I use it on my rig and have used it to take iron stains out of fences, iron stains out of siding, all kinds of stuff. THis **** is pure magical. Got it at ocean pacific marine in CR. I cant remember what its called but i have it at my shop. Ill get the name tomorrow

just a little heads up ,

if i can find the forum down south that i read , it talked about all the products you all speak of , i here Majic eraser often , but is not practical or cheap to do on a larger hull , other brand names mentioned on some previous threads on this forum ,were also experimented with , it was unanimous , Rustaid worked the best on that forum , tested by several members !! , with little effort , rinsed well , freshly waxed , done , good as new ,

majic eraser was not nearly as strong as several others ,it had a low rating...atleast on stuborn stains on white hulls ..

another very good result was with %50 water %50 Muriatic acid , just keep it away from Galvanised metals , also was the bomb.. just be really carefull with that crap , Remember , im talking about a boat that does not have bottom paint on it , sits in the chuck for a week , a few times every summer , and a whack of weekend excursions , it builds up a layer of mineral or Sea scum , whatever its called..

I will experiment with some of the highy rated products they mentioned , as well as Barkeepers friend i think its called , let ya know worked best..

thx for the input guys.. appreciated...

fd

on and off,, poco marine or others should have it ,,,awesome stuff. gloves and fresh air are a must!!

I'm an FSR guy , watched the rust stains literally disappear

Yup star brite hull cleaner . Put it in a spray bottle wear a mask spray let it stain disappear and rinse . Works wonders

Back