Feeling the heat ?

I’m sitting in living room when I hear a pop followed by a smash. I look over at the bar and my little brass plane clock (heavy) has been launched off the top of the Thirsty Beaver beer can. The can was almost boiling .

Attachments

• 70F04E1D-8110-44A8-8EDC-D608DD22800B.jpeg
    70F04E1D-8110-44A8-8EDC-D608DD22800B.jpeg
    299.4 KB · Views: 102
Tha
I’m sitting in living room when I hear a pop followed by a smash. I look over at the bar and my little brass plane clock (heavy) has been launched off the top of the Thirsty Beaver beer can. The can was almost boiling .
That beer should have been in the fridge !

My sister in Kelowna just shared that highway 97 in Kelowna near UBC Ok has apparently buckled due to the heat and they're diverting traffic. Yikes...

Dude - you gotta be more diligent with the strategic commodities. Put that precious in the fridge, please....

Last edited:

Holy FAK... Yeah +40 now in Nanaimo. Man I am from prairies and never seen this kind of heat in Winnipeg.... In 30's yes but not like this. Of course the houses there are built for it with proper A/C.

Tell you one thing if it's bad here wait till it gets to Manitoba. I guess maybe it would kill mosquitoes LOL.

Last edited:
The project manager I work under comes out to the shop this morning and tosses the fuel line for his yacht tender on the work bench. In the heat yesterday the primer bulb exploded and sprayed up and all over the back of his boat. The bulb was in good shape, soft with no cracking, never even heard of this happening before. Lucky the BBQ wasn't going, could have been bad. Did get him all fixed up so he can head back out this long weekend to do what ever these yacht guys do!

It was a six Pak , I drank 5 cold ones and thought every bar needs a thirsty beaver on it… you know the red lion shut down a while ago .
Drank at the Red Line back in 1970. Illegally of course. "drop 24 for the 3 of us on the towel covered table"...that was 15 minutes before closing after spending the afternoon there.

Also drank at the Red Lion when beer was .20 cents a glass after which we would head to the McDonalds on Shelbourne when it was the first McDonalds in Victoria. The Basic burger was also .20 cents, so for $2.00 you could go out and get 5 draft beers and 5 burgers. Minimum wage was around $1.25 an hour.

Last edited:
Back