Federal Election-Who you gonna vote for.

Who will you vote for this Federal Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 55 57.9%
  • Liberals

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • NDP

Votes: 14 14.7%
  • Green

Votes: 10 10.5%
  • CPP

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Others

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 8 8.4%
  • I will not vote

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that is the idiocy of this electoral system. I wished that could be changed.

Last edited:
Shoot, Wilkinson won again. That is tragic!

And soon those people that made my vehicle and stocked my grocery store will drive an EV as well. And plastic wrappings will disappear mostly. When we get there then a few oil wells will suffice. Especially if we stop shipping this ****** oil to US or China. Tar sands done.

Listening to you is like trying to listen to my son talk about pokemon. It's on the same level

Last edited:
Maybe they will finally start a real economy in Alberta and these people get some real jobs. It's only gonna get worse for conservatives as baby boomers die out and younger generations care more for a liveable planet. And this is more important than us fishing a month longer or shorter right now.

You're delusional...the world isn't coming to an end. Holy kool aid

You're delusional...the world isn't coming to an end. Holy kool aid
giphy.gif

I don’t think the Libs will go for a coalition government. First off Trudope is to arrogant to buddy up. Second the NDP didn’t have a strong showing, yes enough to throw the balance but not as strong as last election they are down 22 seats I believe. Trudeau does want to get that pipeline built it’s really number one on their list of things to get done.

Alberta will be ok we are stable at this point and we produce a product the world “NEEDS” and uses more and more every day whether they like it or not, that’s a fact. I’m quite concerned with what a lot of the west coast communities will do. I can see the MPA’s being put in and enlarged even, it’s really going to be bleak for a lot of coastal areas because really, what else do they have. Logging is shutting down your provincial government is taking care of that, federally the fishing will get screwed, sorry folks but not a good scenario playing out out there.

Wouldnt mind conservative government if they kicked Scheer out. Loose the US citizenship
this...they f'ed up with the leader bottom line and well, it will be interesting to see now if he 'did' actually apply to renounce citizenship or if that was BS. He should be receiving notification anytime now. I'm sure opposition will be watching that one closely here on out.

this...they f'ed up with the leader bottom line and well, it will be interesting to see now if he 'did' actually apply to renounce citizenship or if that was BS. He should be receiving notification anytime now. I'm sure opposition will be watching that one closely here on out.
Yeah that guy was so badly vetted you'd think he was a liberal trust fund kid!

It would be interesting to see a PR map of the seats today - but then people would vote differently under PR so hard to say exactly what it would look like. My best rough guess would be - and this is just a guess based on if we switched systems two weeks ago so voting intentions were similar but people were starting to change strategy, so don't hold me to this:

CPC 125
LPC 110
GRN 40
BLQ 35
NDP 20
PPC 5
IND 3

But over time you would see rapid breakdowns in all the big parties. The CPC would probably split into a couple of big factions almost immediately, and there would be a dozen single-seat parties after a few years. The LPC vote would probably end up being the single biggest block, just because its brand in urban Ontario is so deep. But we'd have all kinds of oddball parties like the Newfoundland Christian Singles Party or whatever, because you'd hardly need any support to get a single seat and SOME representation.

In general I think FPTP makes for better and more stable governments. But PR is way more entertaining so I could be talked into supporting it. My preference is also for governments which can't get anything accomplished, because I always think that inaction is better than bad action. And PR governments are usually pretty paralyzed, so from my perspective, kind of a bonus.

I don’t think the Libs will go for a coalition government. First off Trudope is to arrogant to buddy up. Second the NDP didn’t have a strong showing, yes enough to throw the balance but not as strong as last election they are down 22 seats I believe. Trudeau does want to get that pipeline built it’s really number one on their list of things to get done.

Alberta will be ok we are stable at this point and we produce a product the world “NEEDS” and uses more and more every day whether they like it or not, that’s a fact. I’m quite concerned with what a lot of the west coast communities will do. I can see the MPA’s being put in and enlarged even, it’s really going to be bleak for a lot of coastal areas because really, what else do they have. Logging is shutting down your provincial government is taking care of that, federally the fishing will get screwed, sorry folks but not a good scenario playing out out there.

Trudeau has no choice to go for a coalitions as he does not have a majority to form and maintain a government in the parliament. Question is who will it be? Most think NDP - that will be tricky. But what if it is the Bloc? That would screw the rest of Canada to appease a province that wants to get all it wants for itself only, or threaten to separate from Canada!

I agree the increasing the MPA's will be very bad for the public fishery and so will giving more of the all of the people of Canada's fish to FN's for reconciliation - we are in for challenging times for sure!

I don't think costume boy necessarily needs to formally form a coalition, WitW. It could be done on an bill-by-bill issue. Harper did that in his minority government at the start - if I remember correctly.

I will give you a hint.

The road is paved using oil, the EV you drive is made from plastics (hydrocarbons), was shipped on a boat or truck powered by diesel. The people that made your vehicle got to work in vehicles powered by gasoline. They earned wages to buy food at the grocery store....how did the food get there? In a truck powered by diesel.
Just to add to that.. where and how were the batteries made for such vehicle... then there is what do we do with all those batteries when that vehicle is at the end of its life??

Shoot, Wilkinson won again. That is tragic!

And soon those people that made my vehicle and stocked my grocery store will drive an EV as well. And plastic wrappings will disappear mostly. When we get there then a few oil wells will suffice. Especially if we stop shipping this ****** oil to US or China. Tar sands done.[/QUOTE
what is Canada total footprint in the world?

I don't think costume boy necessarily needs to formally form a coalition, WitW. It could be done on an bill-by-bill issue. Harper did that in his minority government at the start - if I remember correctly.

yeah he does not need to and it does not have to be with the NDP could be with the Bloc. NDP is broke so all the analysis people say they will vote to form goverment no matter what.

Most issues tho will be kicked down the road tho.... The Liberals are not going to put up a bunch of bills only to have another party vote with them and claim the credit.

There will be mostly inaction as all the parties will do there best to make the liberals look dysfunctional.

I agree with @walleyes . Alberta will be ok. We are already knocked down a bit & the only real implication we will see over the near term is investment uncertainty. Unfortunately this means less activity which means our workers will suffer. (Families)

Alberta is lucky because we produce products that are in high demand. We pack the pipeline & rail cars full. Never have we had the issue of spare capacity. Also we have a provincial government that fights for us.

But I don't want to talk about Alberta. I want to talk about my brothers & sisters to the west. This forum has been a breath of fresh air for me. The media only shows the minority of voices in BC that are loud. This forum has aloud me to see just how much we have in common. I hear different point of views that have made me think about policy differently. Thats the honest truth. There are folks on here who have made me rethink about things. I do worry about the costal communities that will be affected. I will continue to support these communities as long as I financially can. I will continue to spend time on the coast & spend my money there. Regardless of future fishing restrictions, it will not sway my support. In fact it motivates me more. I stand with the 2.5 million Canadians who work are employed through the resource sector. The world needs more BC lumber, Commercially caught fish, Natural Gas, tourism ect.

I challenge anyone to show me a place in the world that has higher environmental & ethical standards where they can source these resources from. If folks want a better & cleaner world then they need to start supporting the places that do it the best.

Your neighbor
Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back