Exploring Central B.C. Coast

ron958

Contemplating exploring and fishing central coast with aluminum boat and camping gear for extended period of time. Have all the gear. Any input from like minded individuals with similar boats interested in adventure?

Ron,

I've been considering the same sort of trip. I have a 16 foot aluminum Duroboat, so my range is definitely a little limited, but I would love to get back into the fjords and do some exploring. I am thinking about launching from Port McNeil or somewhere around there this fall and trying to find a river to hike up to do some fishing. From what I've heard, you definitely don't want to be far from your can of bear spray up there, though...

What areas have you been looking at?

James

I have 19' Lifetimer centre console, 60 hp Yamaha, cruising speed 23 MPH, 3 gal/hr. Original thought, two boats, camping gear and supplies for an extended period of time to fish and explore central coast. Camp in a central location, explore and fish that area, then move on to the next one of interest. Availability of time for me is not an issue. My bear repellent does not come in the form of a spray. Have all camping gear I use to go hunting, wall tent, sleeping cots etc. This type of outing is weather dependent, don't know about fall trip.

Ain't nothing wrong with the good old fashioned lead repellant. Looks like some fun country to hunt up there, too, but I am from the US so can't hunt in BC without an outfitter.

My trip is unfortunately limited to one week in late September this year due to work. If anything changes I will let you know.

Would love to hear about it if you go. Lot's of miles to put in up there.

Back