Experience with Parker Marine?

Has anyone dealt with Parker Marine Nanaimo for a new boat? I am having a terrible experience. It is (supposed to be) my first new boat and am wondering if my experience is normal.
I deal with Parker in Courtenay. They are great! What's happened?

The two stores are very different for customer service. The courtenay store has always been a pleasure to deal with and the nanaimo store is a complete joke from my experience

I would recommend talking to Jody at the Courtenay location. Have known and dealt with him for years. Fair and a straght shooter.

I would recommend talking to Jody at the Courtenay location. Have known and dealt with him for years. Fair and a straght shooter.
Parker in Courtenay has been great to deal with , Dan in sales has always meant our expectations.
Service guys have have been fair and very helpful.

Nanaimo one was good to me when I bought my kicker but that was years back. I dealt with Barry. Not sure still there...

Last edited:
i’ve only had one experience with Parker CourtenY and it was bad at first but the manager came thru, in a big way.

i bought a part and the counter kid said if it doesn’t work bring it back. well it didnt work and when i brought it back i was told by another guy tough luck; it’s posted no returns right on receipt.

after i went full Karen the manager listened and sided with me. i was almost stuck holding a useless several hundred dollar part but he came to bat so i don’t forget that kinda stuff.

I've dealt with Nanaimo and Courtney. Courtney was a million times better. Jody is gone. I believe Dan is the new manager. They're the only duckworth dealer in bc.

Ordering parts was good at Parker’s in Courtenay but the Service Department was way over on their quoted price for an outboard install. It was not a complicated install but I got nothing but excuses on why the labour was so high. I did all the prep work myself so it should have been pretty straightforward, learned a good lesson.

Back