Evinrude parts?

Whaase

Anyone know where there may be a salvage type place for parts on the island? I snapped my drive shaft somehow :(

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Year and HP of outboard will maybe get you some more results? There is a few repair places with old parts here in Campbell River. ...........BB

Sorry, its a Evinrude 60, 1981. I live in lk cowichan. New the drive shaft was $500 at Tiptons outboards. I was hoping to find a used one somewhere. I'll call around to the places you guys listed and see.

Thanks!

It's a big pain (lot of labour) to take apart the gear-case, replace the drive shaft and re-assemble the gear-case. Your best bet would be to look for a used complete leg for that outboard. Likely a lot of years are compatible. Switching out a complete leg assembly takes about 1 hour. Replacing a drive shaft takes about 6 hours. Not to mention you will likely need to replace seals and gaskets during a rebuild as well.

First find what lower units are compatible with yours then keep an eye on craigslist.org and usedvictoria.com usedcowichan.com etc.

Just looked at his website, looks like the place to go! Thanks again. I sent a email, fingers crossed now lol

Back