Ethanol-free Gas stations

Lipripper

I have been told by several gas stations on the island
that there is NO ETHANOL on Vancouver Island. Hope
this is true because I have been gassing my boat at them.......BB

I've been running my outboards for ages on Shell 87 octane.....(only because it's the nearest station to me)...

So far never had any problems at all

I dont think I would bank on that BB? I've had to deal with it

From what I understand, there are two service stations to get marked boat gas in the Comox Valley. One is Mohawk on Cliffe Ave. And Mission hill shell at the bottom of the hill. They are both ethanol free. Although for some strange reason the Mohawk charges the same price for there boat gas as the price of the regular.:rolleyes: I would suggest the Shell as they are 5 cents cheaper then regular. Safe boating.;) eman

From what I understand, there are two service stations to get marked boat gas in the Comox Valley. One is Mohawk on Cliffe Ave. And Mission hill shell at the bottom of the hill. They are both ethanol free. Although for some strange reason the Mohawk charges the same price for there boat gas as the price of the regular.:rolleyes: I would suggest the Shell as they are 5 cents cheaper then regular. Safe boating.;) eman

The Gas n Go on Dyke Road also sells marine - 3 cents cheaper than regular. Also the Petro Canada at Buckley Bay, but I'm not sure about the price.

The pumps I visit for my car do not say that they are flex-fuel....

How much ethanol is in ordinary car gas?

I don't think there are many E-85 pumps around.....but I don't know.....

the petro canada at Denmen Isle ferry has marked gas with no ethanal. In fact they said that there was no ethanol in the gas anywhere on the island. The marked gas is a few cents cheaper and is a higher grade

There is NO ethenol in gasoline on Vancouver Island with the exception of Mowhawk. Regular gasoline in the lower mainland is E-1O blend. All seasonal diesel is now B-5 in BC. With the introduction of B5 diesel in 2010 many boaters had challenges with plugged fuel filters as the bio component of diesel acts as a solvent and caused any contaminents in fuel system to break free and plug filters. I suspect when e-10 gasoline becomes regulated in all markets the same will happen to gasoline powerd boats. When this happens be sure to carry extra fuel filters and change gas line line to something ethenol compatable or you will have problems

Back