Esperanza Inlet?

Here's a quick photo from our August 1st trip:

2010-August-01-Marty.Marino.jpg

A small portion of the bottomfish catch.

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

jfc_banner-2009-01.jpg

Just got back from Esperanza. While we got our limit of springs from 10-25+ lbs. we had to work hard for them. Fishing overall was slow for this time of year and this area. The wind made hitting the highway hardwork, for less fish compared to last year. Ferrer was very slow for us. Rosa Island produced best for us, but again slow overall. Made it hard to throw back the oversize springs on the inside. Didn't bother with hali, as we spent all 4 days trying to scrape up the springs. Hopefully the springs are just late, but weird that the highway was as slow as it was, didn't even run into any coho out there. Any ideas?

DFO was busy checking boats on the water. Heard they have 6 C&E officers in the revamped office in Tahsis now, and that they are also using undercover boats as well. We got pulled over by a DFO checkpoint just outside of Zeballos where they checked our licences and went through each of our coolers. Depsite the hassle, it was good to see DFO actually enforcing the rules for a change. My 2 bits.

Long live wild salmon!!!
><))))>

I just received this and believe this NICE halibut was just caught out of Esperanza on August 7th! :)
I don’t think Doug Rodgers will mind me posting and sharing?
quote: Here is a picture of the huge halibut that was caught a few days ago. I think it is the biggest halibut that has ever been taken in these waters. The estimated weight is 244 pounds. Our scale only went up to 200 pounds so we had to find out via the internet how to accurately calculate the weight. How they ever got this fish in the boat is a bit of a mystery. At one point they had it tied to the back of the boat and it was pulling the boat backwards at a pretty good clip and at the same time pulling the stern of the boat down. There was some concern during this adventure about the safety of those aboard, but they finally managed to somehow get it in the boat. Quite a fish story........cheers......Doug
Rodger.jpg

Back