Engines on Facebook Used Victoria and Craigslist

Good luck with the place! Also.. weird that they can sell a motor that puts out less hp than advertised... but on that note, I don't believe any of the mfgs post torque/rpm curves.

Sea pro and non are the same engine, they restrict the intake and turn 500 less rpm, the v8s restrict by throttle body programming and the 150s have a restricted plate in the intake.

300 is 276hp and 150 are 135hp. And peak tq on a 150 is 4500 instead of 3500rpm, I did a lot of digging…

I was the first to put a deposit on a 300 seapro from bridgeveiw in September and as of a week ago I never received any information on how many hours mine was going to have. I ended up cancelling my deposit and going with a higher hour unit and put money toward a house down payment.
Weid th

Sea pro and non are the same engine, they restrict the intake and turn 500 less rpm, the v8s restrict by throttle body programming and the 150s have a restricted plate in the intake.

300 is 276hp and 150 are 135hp. And peak tq on a 150 is 4500 instead of 3500rpm, I did a lot of digging…

I was the first to put a deposit on a 300 seapro from bridgeveiw in September and as of a week ago I never received any information on how many hours mine was going to have. I ended up cancelling my deposit and going with a higher hour unit and put money toward a house down payment.
Seapro have stiffer engine mounts and a larger gear case The also have a different fuel curve mapped in the ecm
The regular 150 merc’s were tested and had 165 hp (when they first came out)
I assume the 150 seapro’s are pretty close to 150hp.
None the less all manufacturers are making great motors and I bought mine as I am a mercury guy. I put 100 hours a year on my mains and 2-300 on my kicker a year. Should last a while

Last edited:
Curious if anyone has talked to this guy or knows what he's selling. Seems like he got his hands on some of yamaha's 2-stroke outboards for the international market - or possibly some sort of chinese re-pop?

I was interested in a 2-stroke 8 or 9.9hp, and contacted him but haven't heard back. Will see.

Curious if anyone has talked to this guy or knows what he's selling. Seems like he got his hands on some of yamaha's 2-stroke outboards for the international market - or possibly some sort of chinese re-pop?

I was interested in a 2-stroke 8 or 9.9hp, and contacted him but haven't heard back. Will see.

Smells scammy to me. Yammy still makes 2 strokes for the global market afaik.

Those are knock off Chinese built engines. A guy up in Northern BC was selling them. One of them wound up at the shop and wasn't worth trying to fix. Didn't run right out of the crate.

Not sure if this one has been posted 2016 115 sea pro 705hrs

Attachments

• A21775AE-397C-4A58-B697-896A1017F7AC.png
    A21775AE-397C-4A58-B697-896A1017F7AC.png
    754.3 KB · Views: 20
That is the one! except the Florida part.

I will be selling the aluminum so the right motor is important to me. How do prospective buyers approach a seapro vs merc?

Same same to me. I'd take a merc over some other options and both.are forestrokes so same same.

Seapro have stiffer engine mounts and a larger gear case The also have a different fuel curve mapped in the ecm
The regular 150 merc’s were tested and had 165 hp (when they first came out)
I assume the 150 seapro’s are pretty close to 150hp.
None the less all manufacturers are making great motors and I bought mine as I am a mercury guy. I put 100 hours a year on my mains and 2-300 on my kicker a year. Should last a while
https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/new-vehicle-...ve-orders-my2023-spark-ignited-marine-engines the engine hp and tq peaks are on the us epa website

Mercury marine Australia website aus market 135 is the same as us seapro 150

IMG_4492.png

Manufactures are allowed a 10% variance on rated output, that’s how brp was allowed to call there 250ho a 250 but it made like 275

Manufactures are allowed a 10% variance on rated output, that’s how brp was allowed to call there 250ho a 250 but it made like 275
It wasn't even really the mapping or the fuel burn that was the biggest culprit on that one. The 250 HO was also the 300 block and crank. They got more displacement by taking the crank journals further outward and making the piston shorter. The casting had a completely different exhaust output and the exhaust adapter was carved around that. Bigger water tube and impeller housing. That's what really made that line of engines. Best they ever did.

I stand corrected. Why call it a 150? It is a 140. Still more than happy with 280 hp on my boat
So, would the Mercury 150 CT be 160HP as it was mentioned earlier on...?

Edit: Also I would assume that this scheme of hp rating would follow suite in the entire family of SeaPro's, the 115 SeaPro would be more like a 95-100hp?

So, would the Mercury 150 CT be 160HP as it was mentioned earlier on...?

Edit: Also I would assume that this scheme of hp rating would follow suite in the entire family of SeaPro's, the 115 SeaPro would be more like a 95-100hp?
Not sure on the 150ct. Regular 150 mercs are 160hp. Never went thru the whole list that was attached

Are your 150 seapro or 150 ?

Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 3.55.15 PM.png

Back