Engines on Facebook Used Victoria and Craigslist

Now that's a price drop. For the price of likely what the controls will likely cost you, you get the 350's a couple members hate and maybe negotatiate for the sharrows https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2699190513578625/
Funny - the Starboard engine is almost new. What's the story with the Yamaha 350 V-8s? Also strange to ditch the Sharrows at such a loss if they are just re-powering with an equivalent Merc.

(edit: ouch - new flywheel every 300hrs as 'routine' maintenance, plus assorted reliability issues)

Funny - the Starboard engine is almost new. What's the story with the Yamaha 350 V-8s? Also strange to ditch the Sharrows at such a loss if they are just re-powering with an equivalent Merc.

(edit: ouch - new flywheel every 300hrs as 'routine' maintenance, plus assorted reliability issues)
Those 350 had issue, not sure what but I am sure @bryce has a few stories
Do not buy, do not go near them, do not go on a boat that has one, (without a super reliable and big kicker cause that’s how your coming home)
Other then that I’m sure there great hahaha

F350A - Bad motor - most have exhaust issue and thrust bearing issues
F350B - Good motor - exhaust issue solved but some thrust bearing failures
F350C - great motors - no exhaust issue or thrust bearing issues

Seemingly pristine old Yamaha 8hp 2-stroke:

Strongly tempted to take this up to the cabin as a replacement for an old 1980s 9.9 that has seen better days, but the price seems a bit steep.
As tempting as the low hours may be, I wouldn’t go close to that motor. Nothing worse than a 19 year old motor that hasn’t been used regularly. You’d be surprised how much stuff would start to fail in a short period of time.

As tempting as the low hours may be, I wouldn’t go close to that motor. Nothing worse than a 19 year old motor that hasn’t been used regularly. You’d be surprised how much stuff would start to fail in a short period of time.
Yes but also, my 1985 Yamaha 8hp that looks like it should be in a museum runs like a top. So who knows. Some motors suck. Some don’t suck. It’s that simple but I do agree that not getting oil moving is bad for motors

tempting... an impeller I can deal with, but definitely don't want to rebuild the carb / fuel pump or deal with failing rings/reed valves.

Ugh, the old 9.9 evinrude was powerful and light (relatively). The engine needs to come off frequently for storage, so lightness is key and a modern 4-stroke 9.9 is just too heavy. Might just buy a new 6hp, which would be light - but a bit of a letdown in the performance department. Its going on an old 12ft Springbok, mainly used for just puttering around the lake.

tempting... an impeller I can deal with, but definitely don't want to rebuild the carb / fuel pump or deal with failing rings/reed valves.

Ugh, the old 9.9 evinrude was powerful and light (relatively). The engine needs to come off frequently for storage, so lightness is key and a modern 4-stroke 9.9 is just too heavy. Might just buy a new 6hp, which would be light - but a bit of a letdown in the performance department. Its going on an old 12ft Springbok, mainly used for just puttering around the lake.
I inherited a 9.8 mercury 2 string me that sat for 10 years. It fired right up but after the first use all the seals were gone. Just sold it as I did not want the headache. But you never know.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1446652949615151/

Twin 2007 Mercury Verados boat engines​

CA$6,999 each. Not sure if he would throw in controls and props, then it would be a good deal?

Twin 2007 Mercury Verados 250hp. Approx. 600 hours each. Compression test last week by Ignition Marine North Van good. Results available on request. Fully serviced and maintained by Ignition and Striker Marine, Granville Island. Service records since 2021 available on request. Gear cases on both replaced in 2022. Moving up to new 300 Verados for added fuel economy. $6,999 each or $14,500 for both.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1446652949615151/

Twin 2007 Mercury Verados boat engines​

CA$6,999 each. Not sure if he would throw in controls and props, then it would be a good deal?

Twin 2007 Mercury Verados 250hp. Approx. 600 hours each. Compression test last week by Ignition Marine North Van good. Results available on request. Fully serviced and maintained by Ignition and Striker Marine, Granville Island. Service records since 2021 available on request. Gear cases on both replaced in 2022. Moving up to new 300 Verados for added fuel economy. $6,999 each or $14,500 for both.
Sometimes I wonder where this world is going🤮 if you buy both you pay more wth is wrong with you

Back