Electric jigging reels

I have electric reels and both have a "jigging" function. However that jigging function dosen't actually let line back down. It just stops after a set length retrieved & will stop for a set amount of time before pulling line in again.

It seems useless for the fishing I do. Maybe better for deep water bluefin speed jigging?

The best auto jigging I use is the waves. Pick the right day and it will auto jig all day for ya.

I have a daiwa tanacom 1000 & a Shimano beastmaster.

The diawa tanacom is a work horse & never let me down. It's not as fancy as my beastmaster but gets the job done.

My beastmaster is a "super car" version of an electric reel.

Any specific questions I will do my best to answer

I do alot of jigging around the 350 mark are they used for bringing up the fish or just for retrieving to check the bait
? Makes for sore shoulders after a good day

Any issues with repair when needed can it be locally done or send out im in the Campbell River area

I do alot of jigging around the 350 mark are they used for bringing up the fish or just for retrieving to check the bait
? Makes for sore shoulders after a good day

If you are only ~350' of water a electric reel in the size i own would be over kill. I use mine for deep drop fishing, or when i target halibut in 350-750' of water & using maximum allowed lead weight. My reels are to bulky to jig with. There are smaller ones on the market that may be more suited for this.

If you are just jigging & not using to heavy of gear, I would recommend looking into a high gear reel such as a "Shimano Torium HG". A reel that winds on ~4' per crank makes a big difference. Pairing that up with a rod that will take some of the load will make a big difference also (Shimano Trevala). A broom stick room will be a nightmare on your arms.

Any issues with repair when needed can it be locally done or send out im in the Campbell River area

I havent had to repair mine yet. When i do, I will send to a specialty shop. Way to expensive to let anyone learn on

You have to feather the control when retrieving a fish or you can manually reel it up. Friend has one and he lost 3 nice halibut on one trip by hitting turbo and breaking them off. I'm still pissed and the next time he has one on while in my boat, I will unplug the power so we get the fish in.

Thanks for the info civano and Ilhg so it’s possible to go from electric to manual when coming up I use penn 330 when fishing now sounds like it would be good when checking out some new country I do most of my fishing up at winter harbour lots of dead spots there

yes you can switch from electric to manual. On mine you just power off and start winding. Most electrics are heavy and do not lend them selves to jigging for any length of time but are great for spreader bar fishing. They usually have a very low gear ratio so they are not quick to retreive line while in manual. I only use mine if I'm fishing over 500 feet. You can adjust the drag so you don't break off fish but most guys just seem to tighten it down and proceed to winch.

So a little awkward pinnicle hopping would save the arms tho.how heavy of a rod would be good an ugly stick or something a little heavier. Good thing I just looking at them now my dad would have put 500 test line and let her buck instead of enjoying the wind up

Definitely good when searching new halibut holes & deep holes. I can cover a lot of ground when spreader bar fishing.

You will be amazed at how many halibut are lurking at depths over 500'. Typically larger halibut also.

Spreader bars are so much fun when they hit the surface i tie up some with mono seems easier to deal with but nice to fish with coverage nice way to fish when running the boat .the feedback is great thanks

My Tanacom 1000 was very useful when solo tuna fishing this past season and I had six on at one time. They're great reels.

Back