Eeeeek!!!!

Cuba Libre

Anyone heading to Kitty Coleman tomorrow????

Environment Canada's Official Weather Warnings

Public Warnings
Marine Warnings
Special Weather Statements

Warnings
East Vancouver Island
10:59 AM PST Saturday 21 January 2012
Wind warning for
East Vancouver Island issued

Southeast winds up to 90 gusting 110 km/h will develop Sunday.

This is a warning that potentially damaging winds are expected or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..Listen for updated statements.

An intense low pressure center will approach the British Columbia south coast on Sunday. Strong southeast winds of up to 90 gusting 110 km/h will develop over much of south coast regions Sunday morning. In the wake of the low the strong winds will shift to southwest up to 90 gusting 110 km/h late in the afternoon. The winds will abate overnight as the low moves inland and weakens.

Yesterday at about 3:00 it was gusting to 72 knots at Solander. Thats over 82 m.p.h. or about 132 km/h!!!! and waves at East Dellwood were only 7.5 m with a 14 second period. That'll put a twist in your knickers

Bigwavedave webcams.
White water cresting the breakwater at Ogden Point! CRAZY! Im going out for a drive and then going to check on the rig.

-Steve

Yup its damn nasty on the West Coast just got off the phone with our caretaker at the lodge in Port Eliza Inlet / Esperanza its been blowing an average of 80 mph gustting up to 120 mph most of the night, better him up there then me ........

Cheers ME

Comox Airport
Date:
12:00 PM PST Sunday 22 January 2012

Condition:
Light Rain

Pressure:
99.3 kPa

Tendency:
falling

Visibility:
16 km

Air Quality Health Index:

Temperature:
3.7°C

Dewpoint:
1.5°C

Humidity:
86 %

Wind:
SE 50 gust 80 km/h

NOT NICE!

Seemed to intensify within the past hour here on the Tyee Spit and now blowing over 40 MPH steady with many gusts near 60 I'd guess.
Rocking the old fifth wheeler for sure. :D

Take care.

Powers flicked a couple good ones late this afternoon. Earlier this afternoon driving south from Campbell looking out at the cape was un real! Flooding tide pounding at the hammering SE Storm force winds made for a cool site. Stopped and pulled out the bino's, steep and deep, looked like, no BS, in excess of 20 footers, pretty wild to say the least!

Back