Duck!!

IronNoggin

Hunker Down Time Yet Again...

Special weather statement in effect for:
  • Inland Vancouver Island
Strong winds beginning tonight for the South Coast.

Locations: Vancouver Island, Gulf Islands, Sunshine Coast, Howe Sound, Whistler, Metro Vancouver, and the Fraser Valley.

Wind: Strong southeasterly winds of 40 km/h gusting to 60 over the mainland coast and southeasterly up to 60 km/h gusting to 80 for parts of Vancouver Island Wednesday morning. Winds will switch to gusty southwesterlies of 40 km/h gusting 70 late Wednesday morning or as the cold front passes. The strongest southwesterly winds are expected over parts of East Vancouver Island, the Gulf Islands and Victoria Wednesday afternoon and may gust to 80 km/h.

Other hazards: 40 to 60 mm of precipitation over higher terrain of Vancouver Island, the Sunshine Coast, Howe Sound, and North Shore Mountains.

Time span: Tonight through late Wednesday.

Remarks: An unseasonably strong low pressure system will make landfall on Vancouver Island tonight bringing strong southeasterly winds and a burst of heavy precipitation to much of the South Coast. The storm will be accompanied by freezing levels of 1100 to 1500 m which means precipitation will fall as heavy snow in the mountains. As the cold front passes, winds will shift to strong and gusty westerlies or southwesterlies Wednesday morning, impacting Vancouver Island, the Gulf Islands, Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Strong southerlies will also funnel up Howe Sound and Whistler Valley.

There is some uncertainty in the exact track of the low pressure centre. This will affect which communities see the strongest winds. As the storm nears and wind speeds become more certain, warnings may be issued.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to BCstorm@ec.gc.ca or tweet reports using #BCStorm.

https://weather.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?bc45#1614255641746278403202205160502ws1171cwvr

52080185092_263d015dd1_z.jpg

Don’t want to be passing from Winter Harbour to Kyuquot past the Peninsula tomorrow morning lol

That was one hell of a lot of rain, and some mean winds overnight!
Rain backed off a little, but the fans are still roaring...

Nog

Blew like hell in Telegraph last night and this morning with PLENTY of rain. Brightening up a little now

Power out all over the Island.

Highway 4 was closed for a spell due to dropped timber in the Grove.

Made it to Parksville for another eye appointment. Roads are a mess.

You know it's breezy when the wind rips the top off the whitecaps and turns that into vapor.

Campbell Lake on the way home:

aH7y5WM.jpg

Cheers,
Nog

So did everyone survive the storm?

Saw the clip on the two trees taking out a home..... Mother Nature sure can show us who still is boss!

Neighbors large Cedar came down just missed boat thankfully, but took out my greenhouse. Been warning him for years it's a dangerous tree. Top broke off years and years ago and it was forked. Told him about it today and just as I thought I'm left with the task of cleaning it all up and paying to replace my greenhouse.

Neighbors large Cedar came down just missed boat thankfully, but took out my greenhouse. Been warning him for years it's a dangerous tree. Top broke off years and years ago and it was forked. Told him about it today and just as I thought I'm left with the task of cleaning it all up and paying to replace my greenhouse.
Sounds like you need a new neighbor my friend.

Sounds like you need a new neighbor my friend.
Yes, they have been a pain in the butt ever since we moved in 28 years ago, Neighbor on over side best neighbor you could as for. Soon as he heard he was over to help out and set up a game plan on Saturday to remove the rest and repair the greenhouse. Guess it all balances out.

Back