If you are on the Island, prepare to hunker down!

Coastal FUGLY Coming!!

On the Island we are under a Storm Warning for two days.

www.weather.gc.ca/warnings/index_e.html?prov=bc

Wet snow then 90 km plus winds.
Lot's of power outages expected.

A Meteorological "Bomb" Will Hit Northern Vancouver Island On Tuesday

cliffmass.blogspot.com/2020/11/a-meteorological-bomb-will-hit-northern.html

Collect what supplies you may need to hunker for a spell RIGHT NOW!

Nog
Got it, will hit the liquor store for more Alberta Premium before things go downhill. Thanks for the heads up.

I don't think I am liking these wind models truthfully. I watch this all the time and this is a strong one. They updated again 10 am Tuesday. Look at the predicted wind gusts. Looks like all of island will be affected. North Island look out. Looks like Victoria/Sooke may get shielded a bit.

1605567530843.png

Waiting for it in victoria. I literally wore gore Tex pants/coat and rubber boots into work tonight after wearing my fishing bibs walking my dog at lunch today. Our local creek is raging. Didn't see any coho today but it's getting late and when they are that dark they are hard buggers to spot.

Same as others have posted for CR, last night was a first for me. Snowing a blizzard and whole outside bright lite up with the crack of lightning followed by the loudest thunder I have ever heard in BC. Like one of those crazy dooms day weather movies. Snow still there but rain doing its best to wash away.

HM

I was looking out at the Cape Mudge lighthouse, feeling glad I was ashore, when they first bolt hit. Looked to me like it landed on Cape Mudge. With the big snow flakes, the whole sky lit up. Windows were rattling with the boom!
Windy out there now.

Winds steady 35, gusting 55+ (was stronger overnight). Still predicted to increase to 85.
Rain coming down sideways.
Pressure 98 and still dropping.

Litter, limbs and trees down all over town. Streets a mess.
Wheelbarrow jumped the 8 foot fence into the neighbors.
Power fluctuating like a pinball machine.

Hunting?
Nope.

Nog

Back