Durrance Lake

I was wondering if anyone has been at durrance lake and knows what the conditions
will be like for april 15-30 as i will be taking my scout troop there. we are aiming for trout
but would'nt mind a bass or pumkinseed.

Thanks,
gonefishin

if it warms up a bit there should be plenty of trout to catch, there are some nice sized smallies as well.

Try Chaurtruse Power Eggs. Just past the washrooms on the east side,there is a spot about 20ft. wide or so. There's
a good drop off right there,so just cast out 50,60ft.,set your rod in the holder,and tighten your line.They aren't really
aggressive in that lake,so you got to really pay attention to your rod tip. They will just nibble ever so slightly,so you need to be " Johnny on the spot" or you'll miss em!! Good luck.

If you have any access to boats/canoes etc we have done great by anchoring in 15-18 feet of water and fishing worms below a sliding float. The worm has got be down deep so put a tiny nylon stop 16 feet or so up on your line above free sliding float and small shot to weight worm and make float stand upright and let worm sink. VERY exciting watching that float until it goes under! My daughter caught a 1Kg trout from Durrance that way. Funny thing is we have only had a couple of very tiny bass doing this; no bigges at all but we don't mind as the trout are great eating, especially smoked! Best time is May/June but I am sure it will work now.

Back