dumb questions

demco99

Got a bradley digital electric smoker but havent used it since last summer and my memory is a tad foggy.. Got the white spring meat cured after three days in dry brine, ready to smoke. Do I just plug in for 4 hours and load woodchip pucks in the stack? Start around 120 degrees and bring it up to what? When I have it all plugged in it is still flashing an E on the screen as if it is empty even though the it is loaded with hickory pucks???

thanks

Hey Demco,
is it an "E" or "E1" if its E1 check to make sure the small wire from the controller to the cabinet is plugged in firmly if not you will get this error,

I use this method for smoking
•100°-120°F for 1-2 hours, then increase to
•140° for 2-4 hours, then increase to
•175° for 1-2 hours to finish

Last edited by a moderator:
An “E” message is letting you know that there is something wrong with the advance system. It’s the connection between the motor arm and the micro switch. open the generator, and take a look at that switch which is going to be a gray rectangle shaped switch; first make sure that it is connected, secondly makes sure nothing is blocking that switch and the arm. If the wires appear to be plugged in, disconnect and reconnect the connections to make sure they are secure.

Micro_Switch1.jpg

Thanks Gidyup!

At what point in the smoking cycle do you season with black pepper and minced garlic when doing hot smoked spring?

How do you control the temperature? I've got it set at 120 farenheit but it keepswarming up to around 160.. Should I just turn the oven element off and the smoker on to let it cool down? I added ice on the bottom like ive heard before but not cooling it down enough still......

I just keep decreasing the heat as the meat warms. I do not have the digital version so that is what I do.

keep the vent wide open too

Thanks Gidyup!

At what point in the smoking cycle do you season with black pepper and minced garlic when doing hot smoked spring?

Mine is usually just added in with the brine be it wet or dry, try it with just the smoke gen on and no main element to keep the temps down

Back