dual helm steering

Krm240
Well come on down to Victoria harbour and have a look at mine, its in the water 24/7 so we can go for a cruise or fish any time. Just shoot me a PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Krm240

If you have electronic controls I think will be much easy to add another shifter on the console. However if they are manual morse type controls then you will need 4 new extreme cables. 2 x 15 footers go inside helm to the console and then from the console one 15 footer to the throttle control on the engine and then a 20 footer to the shift linkage. Those were my measurements for a 26 footer so make sure you measure your own.

What year, model, Sea Sport and engine do you have?
Dave

2008 seasport explorer 24ft, 2007 d4 volvopenta diesel, I am told a few versions of the volvopenta exist. Not sure which one. Volvopenta dealer has given me a rough quote of 10k which I take as high. He also quoted 1500 for the rear console which I have on order for 500usf.

You might want to chat with Waypoint Marine Group in Seattle. They are the SeaSport dealers and are part owners of the factory. They did a lot of work on my boat and Volvo engine. Great guys and I enjoyed working with them.
John Baker is the owner/sales manager and Jake is the service manager. They know everything about SeaSports.
Chances are your boat came from them.
Tell them Dave from Kelowna said to call.
$10k sounds incredibly high. You just need another hydraulic helm and some tubing. Another throttle control and 4 cables. Might be 2 days labour.

I hope to be down at SeaSport Factory next week, having a tour of the factory. The rear station is one of my questions for them!
But I will call these guys too.
Many thanks for info.

Back