What do you think about these?

A lot of things in China believe it or are well made. Don't get made wrong lots of ****** quality are there too.! The issue is a lot of time you are lead to believe it is made here. Years ago a toured the Seastar plant, and was in Vancouver. They were acquired few years ago by Dometic Group. As far as I know they are still made here, but it is expanding it's plants in China. So even though it says it is still made here who knows how much? It might be assembled here, and passed off as made in canada.

Remember also that the raw materials are all sourced in china. The ones that are have a quality control program in place (usually this is North American company based in China) perform well.

It can be common to have a bunch of products from different companies made at just one plant. If a company leaves/switches plants sometimes those products can get knocked off. China hardly enforces anything.

For example those Vac master (mentioned on thread) actually are made in china just as an FYI.

Vevor's knockoffs are pretty brutal. They are smart as I said a long time ago sliding through patents is actually extremely easy. That is why I think getting them are waste of cash in most in most cases.

BTW Just on FYI

1684161011874.png

A lot of things in China believe it or are well made. Don't get made wrong lots of ****** quality are there too.! The issue is a lot of time you are lead to believe it is made here. Years ago a toured the Seastar plant, and was in Vancouver. They were acquired few years ago by Dometic Group. As far as I know they are still made here, but it is expanding it's plants in China. So even though it says it is still made here who knows how much? It might be assembled here, and passed off as made in canada.

Remember also that the raw materials are all sourced in china. The ones that are have a quality control program in place (usually this is North American company based in China) perform well.

It can be common to have a bunch of products from different companies made at just one plant. If a company leaves/switches plants sometimes those products can get knocked off. China hardly enforces anything.

For example those Vac master (mentioned on thread) actually are made in china just as an FYI.

Vevor's knockoffs are pretty brutal. They are smart as I said a long time ago sliding through patents is actually extremely easy. That is why I think getting them are waste of cash in most in most cases.

BTW Just on FYI

View attachment 92471
My nephew operates a design company with all manufacturing done in China. He says they have no quality issues. They provide tight specifications for all products. Once manufactured, their Chinese rep does a product compliance audit, before shipping. Early on, they refused to accept several non-compliant product containers, ready for shipment. That only happened once.

The trade advantage China once enjoyed, is apparently now shifting toward India.

IMG_1962.JPG
got one of the 90 hp kits working fine on my 16"DE with a 75HP yamaha i just have to re-bleed it as still got a bit of air in the lines

Back