Downrigger lead

Dunsterman

Heard through the grapevine someone in the north shore makes cannonballs??? I’m looking for a couple 18# with fins. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

I used to be in lions bay and make balls... in Comox now. look up CCB on this forum. he makes some beautifully coated balls

I have been getting all my cannon balls from him for years, amazing product, love the coating he puts on, very reasonable pricing too. Also makes jigging weights as well as casting irons.

Can't go wrong with his product

I have been getting all my cannon balls from him for years, amazing product, love the coating he puts on, very reasonable pricing too. Also makes jigging weights as well as casting irons.

Can't go wrong with his product
Thanks for advice!!

I heard there are quite a few on the market that are not made with pure LEAD is there any you would recommend to stay away from?

I heard there are quite a few on the market that are not made with pure LEAD is there any you would recommend to stay away from?
Lead from sailboat keels normally has a percentage of other material. Sometimes up to 10% so would not recommend balls made from sailboat keels. Probably not a huge weight different. I found out the sailboat lead thing after using some. For whatever reason I had a hard time getting balls poured without voids in them.

Lead from sailboat keels normally has a percentage of other material. Sometimes up to 10% so would not recommend balls made from sailboat keels. Probably not a huge weight different. I found out the sailboat lead thing after using some. For whatever reason I had a hard time getting balls poured without voids in them.
Very interesting! Had no idea thanks for the info. I’ve bought some split shot before for river fishing and found some of the split was not as heavy or as pliable as some of the others. Assuming it must be mixed with other metals. Couldn’t even squeeze them shut!!!!

Back