Downrigger boom length - 30 or 60"?

That would be fine, might also be pricy if you are planning on having them shipped? It is a “resettable”inline circuit breaker with “manual reset button.”

To be honest… If it were me, I would save that shipping cost and would just go down to my local NAPA store, buy a can of Permatex Battery Protector & Sealer (as I need some anyway), buy two of their heavy duty automatic resettable 30 AMP breakers (which I did on my last boat) for a lot less. Install them, then spray my battery posts and those circuit breakers with the Permatex and be done with it! I did that in 1997 and sold that boat to a friend of mine in 1999. I haven't asked but I believe those two circuit breakers are still being used?

http://www.permatex.com/products/Automotive/specialized_maintenance_repair/electrical_system_maintenance/Permatex_Battery_Protector_Sealer.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll find something local for sure. I just wanted to know if that was the right sort. I've never used one like that because I've always used fuses. I like the idea of using posts instead of connecting two wires. Thanks.

attachment.php
How about something like this?

Back