Double Eagle 186 cuddy size

Rumbo

Hey guys,

Are the 80's Double Eagle 186 cuddy's usable to sleep in? Or are they basically just rod storage?

Cheers

I don't have a 186, but I tried laying in one at a boat show once. It was a while ago but if I recall I remember thinking I wouldn't be able to sleep comfortably inside it (I'm 6'2"). I figured if the door was left open I could put my feet out on the deck though.

I think they are more for a porta-potty, young kids, and storage.

I have a 1982 DE ,and have slept in mine I am 6'1" and its a little short for me . Found sleeping on the back deck was better

Mines a 05, I m 5'8' and have no issues, spent 100s of nights on anchor, longest was 14 days straight with my son on the sleeper seat outside. Have spent many night with the GF also in cuddy, 2 gets a little tight, get up and dress outside, cant be claustrophobic, not much headroom to sit up in but no problem. Did make a nice stand up hardtop, so NO rain drips, moisture from those useless soft tops. Makes a nice little overnighter, yes with cuddy door closed. Not sure about the older models, they did make a 19ft, it had a cuddy but cant remember seeing the door on those, seamed more like a shelf?, only curtains if I remember.

HM

Back