Dorado recipes

Gear'n'beer!

How do you folks like to prepare your dorado? Getting those buggers home from cabo was enough of a pain...... Gotta make sure I cook 'em up right!

How do you folks like to prepare your dorado? Getting those buggers home from cabo was enough of a pain...... Gotta make sure I cook 'em up right!

How did you get them home?

Pan fried lightly in garlic butter and topped with salsa and hot sauce works for me!

Shawn, had them flash frozen and vacuum bagged $1./lb. then lots of newspaper and just checked them in my luggage. Strangely enough our bags were checked as we got the little note in the bag but I guess they didn't care about the fish, just the tequila (which they unwrapped). The pain was our flight from Seattle to Vic was cancelled so had to get a hotel and arrange some freezer space at 11pm. My kids keep bugging me to cook some up, I better get on it!

Thanks for that Darin. Glad it didn't thaw out.

Enjoy, it's great eating fish!

I like Dorado better than Hali. Main reason is Hali overcooks too fast. Dorado on the other hand is very forgiving. My fav recipe is to just cover the dorado in seasoned panco, fry in avocado or olive oil, and enjoy. Stir fry with taco seasoning for the best fish tacos. Be sure to top off the tacos with some red cabbage fine cut coleslaw.
PS, I still have 6 or 7 lbs of Dorado left from my Dec. trip. I take my vacum sealer down with me just in case!
Adios
Stosh

This taco recipe gets the job done...:)

Well Sammy, dorado is marinating. Chipotle Pico, southwestern slaw, Mexican crema and guacamole are resting. Tortillas are pressed. Maybe a hot tub, couple beers and then start cooking!

I agree with Stosh's observation re: hali if it's overcooked and other types of fish. I also cover my fish with panco especially if its frozen.

Gear'n'beer, your dorado post has left me envious and wanting; so much fish Taco talk has inspired me to whip up a batch fresh hali tacos. I think I'll do half of the hali grilled, to savour its freshness...the rest with panko. I hope your dorado tacos are a fiesta in your mouth...:)

Buen provecho!

That tequila was the best we could find, but it was also a couple hund American a bottle!

...Chula Paranda (Buzards Party) that's an interesting tequila name...:)

Saludos!

Back